• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster is awesome!!!

2kv8

Reaction score
City, State
Belmont, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V-8
A few days ago I have noticed that my exhaust has be sounding a little funny. I crawled underneath the Explorer to inspect for loose fitting and/or holes and found that there was a hole rusted completely throught the tailpipe section just above the rear axle. I the contacted Flowmaster about purchasing a new tailpipe section and the guy asked me if I remember when I bought the kit. I told him it was about 5 years ago. He then asked if I still had the receipt which I did. He told me that the aluminized kits have a 3 year warranty on them but he would talk to his management about getting a replacement tail section if I would email him a copy of the receipt and some pictures of the damage.

These are the pics I sent him:
1998700419_large.jpg

1998700416_large.jpg

1998700417_large.jpg

1998700418_large.jpg

This is the system I have:http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=3904&ab=17364&recordID=&vehicle=2000%20FORD%20EXPLORER%20%20V8&orig=17364

I talked to him again today and he told me that his management said to send me a brand new systemat no cost to me. He said that the management had no problem replacing the tail section but in about a year or two I would end up replacing the muffler due to the rust forming also. I am very pleased with Flowmaster to say the least. My kit has been out of warranty for 2 years and they still honored it. After this experience any other vehicles I own will have Flowmaster exhaust systems on them.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys to let you know the kind of people you may deal with in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow. Thats top notch customer service. Thats good to know since i also run flowmaster.

A+ for flowmaster. i know your happy :).

off subject, i bought a qt. of white herculiner and the batch was bad, emailed them and they sent me a whole gallon Kit for free($90+ value). i am stoked (got it today from fedex), so i kinda know how you feel right now :)

Beyond cool. I know what I'll ordering for my 95 and 02 limited

Fantastic!! I purchased the Force II catback many years ago and had it installed on a Saturday. The "tech" guy said there was absolutely no way it would fit and started cursing and having a tizzy etc... I asked the owner who was a decent guy if I could call Flowmaster directly and talk with their customer service. They actually answered the phone and explained it was a direct bolt on etc. The exhaust "tech" (I use this term lightly) was able to install it no problem with help from the owner. Needless to say I was very impressed with Flowmaster and also found a new exhaust shop....

i have single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport

wow now that's customer service. I am a die hard flowmaster fan and this just puts icing on the cake.

Back