• Register Today It's free!

Easiest mod I've ever done

SMSgt09

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Adrenalin 4.6
There are two things I really don’t like about my 09 STA. First, I don’t like the fact that the steering column is not telescoping and second, is I hate the headrests. My wife had a 2009 Edge, I hated them then and hate them now on the Sport Trac.

Well I was out tinkering one afternoon and have an epiphany, we own a 2015 Fusion and I wondered if the headrest from that car would sit in the STA. To my surprise, because everything on the Sport Trac is special, the headrests slipped right in.

I would have just used the Fusion headrests on the Sport Trac and figured my wife would never notice but the Fusion has brown leather instead of black. I found some headrests on ebay for $35.00 a piece so I bought the pair and slipped the old ones out and the new ones in. It takes about 15 seconds per side and now I have adjustable headrests. Now when I hit a bump I don’t get thumped in the back of the head.

Anyway it’s quick and cheap as far as mods go.

I have a pair of black headrests to give away to anyone willing to pay .shipping

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pictures?

I'll get some on today, if I can figure out how.
What in the world are you doing up at 4:37 AM?

I'll get some on today, if I can figure out how.
What in the world are you doing up at 4:37 AM?

It wasn't 0437. It was 0530. I'd just gotten up to get ready for work.

Work, that's a four letter word. :salute:
Here are the pics I promised.
These headrests are so much better.
I've still got 2 Sport Trac headrests to give away.
Sport Trac int 1.jpg
Sport Trac interior 2.jpg

Those look great!

Back