ECU location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ECU location

CAsplorin

Reaction score
I was looking at the picture at SmartyParts to find the ECU but I could not find it on my 94. Could it be in a different place? Thanks for the help. I want to get a Superchip as soon as possible.

TJ Cotta

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check in the engine compartment on the passenger side of the firewall, about 12 inches from the fender (or almost directly under the passenger side wiper arm pivot shaft), you should see exactly what the picture shows. Good luck.

I checked again but it looks to me that the a/c is right where the ecu should be and I still could not find it. I am feeling real stupid that I can't find this so if anyone has an idea please help. Thanks RytM1 for the response.

try your passenger sidekick panel. That's where your computer box is located and your ECU.

Where on the computer was the code number? I had the same problem as you (the A/C was in the way), and when I looked ta the computer I couldn't find the code.

Thanks
Chris

Passenger Side Kick Panel

Take off the passenger side kick panel and the computer is right there. The tag is facing out and your code is right on there.

TJ Cotta

I did. I didn't see a code like what Chris (at smartyparts) said it would be like. These aere the code that I got off of it...
2F1C13; SIX; EEC-1V; GSKT NPF 1C122; *9MFAR1536W5K*; EFI-MA35G; F17F-12A650-YA

Anything? There is a bar code on that tag too.

Thanks
Chris

Back