Eight weeks for 2014 XLT to get "Picked" by Ford | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eight weeks for 2014 XLT to get "Picked" by Ford

AlBazooka

Reaction score
City, State
Ovid NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 F-150 SuperCab
I ordered My 2014 Explorer XLT from my Local Ford Dealer on 3 Sept, 2013. My dealer tells me yesterday 5 Nov. 2013 That my order was "Picked by Ford today" Is this normal wait?? 2 Months/nine weeks for an order to be "Picked" Seems excessive to me. But it has been a long time since I ordered a New vehicle from ford. Last one ordered a 1996 T-Bird. Trying to be understanding, But this seems a Little bit of a long time. Anybody have any thoughts or Ideas. I am a new member to this forum. Thanks-A-Lot AlBazooka:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup

I ordered 2014 Sport Sept 13, still no VIN released.

Scheduled build week is December 2nd

It's such a crazy process, and I'm so surprised it is different for so many different people. Dealer allocation must play a role.
I've read some people get theirs in 4-6 weeks

I ordered 10/1. Vin a week later. Window sticker appeared today....what's that, like 5 weeks later? Build usually follows within a week...my blend date shows 11/13 on the window sticker.

Ford updates their systems Thursday mornings I've come to find, so changes usually occur on that day.

I think 8 weeks sounds like a long time to be "accepted." My guy told me days later it had been accepted. He gave me the "Dealer Order number." Ask for that.

If he can't provide, tell him you're moving on. Which maybe you should do anyway???

I made some inquiries and its a mixture of human intervention and computer software that puts the orders together and moves them from ordering process to scheduled.

Obviously dealer priority plays a big role.

The demand for Explorers is so high that they are not building stock orders right now just to keep up with customer orders.

The only good thing about waiting so long is hopefully mine will be build after Job2 starts, if there are some changes or improvements with Job2.

I ordered My 2014 Explorer XLT from my Local Ford Dealer on 3 Sept, 2013. My dealer tells me yesterday 5 Nov. 2013 That my order was "Picked by Ford today"...

Congratulations on ordering a new Explorer, AlBazooka! Send me your order number and dealer name/location in a PM and I'll keep you updated on your vehicle's status. You'll forget all about the wait once that new Explorer is in your driveway. ;)

Crystal

I ordered My 2014 Explorer XLT from my Local Ford Dealer on 3 Sept, 2013. My dealer tells me yesterday 5 Nov. 2013 That my order was "Picked by Ford today" Is this normal wait?? 2 Months/nine weeks for an order to be "Picked" Seems excessive to me. But it has been a long time since I ordered a New vehicle from ford. Last one ordered a 1996 T-Bird. Trying to be understanding, But this seems a Little bit of a long time. Anybody have any thoughts or Ideas. I am a new member to this forum. Thanks-A-Lot AlBazooka:usa:

Sorry if it's a silly question but what does "picked" mean?

I am sorry! But I am not really sure what "picked" means that is the term My dealer used. I think it might mean the order was "Picked" by the plant for a build date But I am not sure. But who Knows. Thanks-A-Lot Albazooka

I am sorry! But I am not really sure what "picked" means that is the term My dealer used. I think it might mean the order was "Picked" by the plant for a build date But I am not sure. But who Knows. Thanks-A-Lot Albazooka

Yeh.. I wasn't sure if being "picked" was a good thing or a bad thing? The way you wrote about it, it seemed like being picked was bad, but now I think it means that you're (rightly) bummed that it took so long for your to be "picked".

Anyway, I hope you don't have to wait too much longer, and that once you get it, your new vehicle is everything you want it to be.

Back