Finally a 3rd Gen thunderform? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally a 3rd Gen thunderform?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks like it might fit in the area the stock sub comes( if you have the premium sound package)

yeah I see that. I searched the MTX website and nothing comes up for the 2002-2005 explorers. Thats why I was curious? Could this be installed with the stock radio?

i had mine apart, no i don't think that would work. Where does it fit? Left or Right? Mine didn't have a OEM sub and there is a panel back there and a cubby hole. Left side Rear A/C that side is full. Dosn't look like it, i could be wrong???

Scroll down a bit... it says you will no longer be able to fold your back seat down. So it fits under the seat then?

It is for a sport trac, and it says it goes under the rear passenger seat firing down, not sure if the ST seats are the same as the reg explorers...

It doesn't go here, as one would assume from previous versions:

DSCF0370.jpg

DSCF0369.jpg

Ill stick with the one I have in my 2003 Ex

The sound is sickning from this 10"...might be letting go soon tho..for some L7's

3132301_26.jpg

Is this the $600.00 system?

And pm me if you sell it... thanks!

its not really that hard to make your own for that spot. then you can put whatever sub you want in there. here is mine in my 04.

Attachments

• Finished Box.jpg
    Finished Box.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 402

I had to back out... time to move again. $$$$ Thanks again :) They are very nice tho...

I got a box for $125 and put in a JL Audio 10" sub that I got from ebay
explorer.htm

the link to the pic did not work, but it looks exactly like the JL Audio Stealthbox, and it has the same enclosure specs. If anyone needs the website, let me know cause I'm not sure if we can post that here.

the link to the pic did not work, but it looks exactly like the JL Audio Stealthbox, and it has the same enclosure specs. If anyone needs the website, let me know cause I'm not sure if we can post that here.

Yea, subthump has been posted here before. They actually used my truck to do the template for the box. I just put in an L7 tho, so ill be getting rid of mine now. It was great while it was in there though

Back