Emergency: 2011 Ford Explorer XLT right turn signal stuck, won't cancel!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Emergency: 2011 Ford Explorer XLT right turn signal stuck, won't cancel!!

Happened on my 2011. Just bungee corded it down till dealer replaced. No big deal.
The bungee cord temp fix did cross my mind!
I'm just upset that I am over the warranty period!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This just happened to my sisters 2011 Edge Sport... Conveniently just out of warranty... This model year is proving to be a disaster for the edge.

Think of it as a challenge to try and navigate your way to all your destinations by only making right turns!

:)

Tony

This is now happening in my 2012 Explorer. I'm using the bungee technique until I can get to a dealer. Hoping they take the extended warranty I bought with the car (used).

I wonder why it's doing it. Have you guy's tried unplugging the battery for a couple minutes?

This is now happening in my 2012 Explorer. I'm using the bungee technique until I can get to a dealer. Hoping they take the extended warranty I bought with the car (used).

Unless you have a $0 deductible, just buy the turn sognal amd replace it yourself. It will be cheaper and it is very simple.

I'm glad you're getting this taken care of by your dealership, gwecht. How many miles are on your Explorer? When are you heading in for your appointment?

Crystal

emergency, I'm about to head out to Baltimore for the liverpool-tottenham match and my 2011 explorer xlt turn signal is literally stuck in the right turn mode. Turn right, it does not cancel, just keeps blinking. No amount of manual movement of the stalk will cancel it. Ideas? anyone else have this problem?

thanks
It just started hapening to me.
I found if press th lever as if you are going to turn left.
Then very very slowly move lever up there is a sweet spot were it won't blink.
Going to dealer today.

I changed the turn signal switch very easy!
$50 from ford for part, 15 min to change.
1 Remove two 7mm screws holding lower dashboard under stering column.
2 Remove three 7mm screws holding stering column cover, pry apart with flat screw driver.
3 Turn steering wheel to expose two small Torque screws, and remove.
You can pick up a cheep set of Torque screw driver set at harbor freight for $5.
Dealer will do it $300. It's up to you!

Back