Engine revs by itself up at 25 mph | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine revs by itself up at 25 mph

RADIOACTIVE_TOOL_SHED___

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro north Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford explorer xlt
Finally got tags today and noticed that the engine revs up about 300 RPM for a second at 25 MPH and you can feel it inside the truck is this a transmission problem? Or something else? It drops back down you can feel it the most when it's cold thanks in advance, also I have a 93 with the A4LD auto, EDIT I think it's loosing power or something as I was holding the gas pedal it didn't do anything till I gave it more gas then the rpms jumped to 3000 it's gotta new fuel pump and filter Mabey FPR? Or throttle position sensor? Also new IAC and I cleaned the maf sensor could this be connected to it revving up at 25MPH?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re-read, all of your posts, I don't see you confirming that you have ever actually measured your fuel pressure, or your vacuum, or checked for any codes, or tried to find out why your CEL doesn't illuminate at startup. Have you done any of these yet?

As stated, get your codes. Could be a vacuum leak. Could be a lot of things.

Re-read, all of your posts, I don't see you confirming that you have ever actually measured your fuel pressure, or your vacuum, or checked for any codes, or tried to find out why your CEL doesn't illuminate at startup. Have you done any of these yet?
Check engine light dose work accidentally started it without the air intake on I need to check for hidden codes tho and the fuel pressure

Checked codes with a OBD1 scanner no codes how could I temporarily disable 4x4 it used to turn itself on automatically I'd be driving it and look over and notice the light on the switch lit up my wheels arnt binding when I turn but heard that if the 4wd is on that could cause the engine to rev up while driving just wanna try before I take it to a transmission shop

4wd won’t make the engine “rev up”. Sounds like a computer/wiring issue if it just turns 4wd on by itself.

Back