• Register Today It's free!

Engine Swap

Barney

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Limited
I currently have the V-6 4L 4WD engine in my explorer but I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get a V-6 4L RWD engine to swap in to it. My current engine is bone stock with a lil over 160K on it. Its on its way out and Im looking to upgrade a bit. Is it possible to fit a V-8 into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The engine's are the same. The only difference is one has a transfer case and one doesnt. You could do a V8 swap, but there not real cheap.

Originally posted by JTX
The engine's are the same. The only difference is one has a transfer case and one doesnt. You could do a V8 swap, but there not real cheap.

Money is not a real issue. I just wanna beef it up a bit...err.....alot. My plan is to put it on bags, 20' chrome wheels (no spinner, those = teh ghey!), Paint it black pearl, shave all the handles and hatch handle, do the interoir in white leather and fur, new lights, new front grill, remove the roof racks, automatic sun roof (to replace the manual one), and maybe a lil more. Just pimp it out a bit. :)

That sounds pretty sweet!

ummm no offense but your expectations are a little high for a stock truck...but if money's no object then by all means go for it...a v-8 swap will most likely run you upwards of 3,000 (estimated of course)....a little less than half of that will be to mod your current engine bay and other components to get it to "drop in".

If money is no object, then why would you do all of this to a 94? Why not get a newer vehicle?

Originally posted by KEbert
If money is no object, then why would you do all of this to a 94? Why not get a newer vehicle?

Because my X has TONS of sentimental value. Lots and Lots of good memories in it. I just cant part with it. :)

curiousity question, how old are you? Your posts make you seem young. Perhaps you are setting your sights a little high with this and wanting to turbo a 302 now

Back