error code 214 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

error code 214

novakt

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the fourm but not new to our Explorer. It has over 200K and the cam sync sensor finally gave up the gost. I am asking for a little help on this little problem. It turns out mine is a Ca model and has the integeral sensor, the one with the little window and a pain to get to. I have removed this sensor and since the window was fouled I could not see the position of the vane when it was removed. Now that I need to reinstall it I have no way to time this unit (i.e. instructions) can anyone help? It is a 1995 with a 4 liter motor.
For the record mine is a VIN X, if you are getting the error code 214 and you have replaced the crank sensor you have to look realy hard to find it. I found mine under the back part of the intake manifold. The replacement came from Napa, a "rebuilt" one. I can provide the part number if this part is needed by someone else. The one I ordered came from Maine, I live in the Beaver state. These little gems are kinda hard to come by it seems.
I have lurked in the fourm for a while and decided to join, what a wealth of information.

Back