Evening all, new here, from Rainy PacificNW | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Evening all, new here, from Rainy PacificNW

PacificNW83JK

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Lincoln Navigator L
Evening all;

I joined this group because my family and I have narrowed our choice in vehicle to the following:

2020 Ford Explorer (Hybrid)
2020 Lincoln Aviator Reserve (Hybrid)
2020 Lexus 450hL (Hybrid)

We bought new a 2017 Lincoln Navigator Reserve L in Feb 2018 (was put on a waiting list for the newly redesigned 2018 navigator's here in greater Seattle, those were selling like hotcakes at 100k), since the dealership was clearing its inventory and got a really good price for it. I really don't want to sell it, it has sentimental value to me, but have to be practical. Ever since I was in HS growing up in a blue-collar family, I always told myself (after watching some music video on MTV back in the late 90s) if I ever made it and could be comfortable financially, I would get a Lincoln Navigator.

My family and I plan on trading that it, for one of the three choices above. In-laws used to live with us. They no longer live with us, but we still want that 3rd row option available without the vehicle being so cumbersome to drive in the city.

Drove the Lexus, wife totally loves the hybrid engine, but not so thrilled with how it does not have as much tech in relation to what Ford and Lincoln have to offer.

My question to this group, is for those that have a 2020 Ford Explorer:
-how has your driving experience been so far?
-what made you choose the 2020 Explorer?
-any mechanical issues or little things here and there that made you just a bit annoyed/irritated?
-do you feel the technology that 2020 Explorer has to offer has made your daily commute, use of the suv better or worse? Please explain.
-Does anyone know when the Hybrid models will come become available, perhaps in your area/region? (i wish the U.S. got the European version which is a plug-in hybrid)
-Anything else you'd like to give your two cents on, especially if you've own prior Explorer or owned other vehicles but made the switch to a 2020 Ford Explorer.

Sorry for the long post, but I greatly appreciate all your comments and much thanks!

Picture for reference of our Navigator the night we brought it home. This has always been my dream vehicle, but need something more practical.

IMG_8148.JPG

Welcome.

Back