• Register Today It's free!

Excellent Forum

jspeer

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited Explorer
I'm so glad I came across this forum. We just purchased a 2012 limited 4WD Dark Pearl Blue and love it. I could read this forum for hours to get ideas and see how things are going.

With only having this for a week we are thoroughly impressed with the ride and how quiet the inside is on the highway. The whole interrior is luxury at it's fiinest and it's the little things that make it unique.

With that said unfortunately we did have MFT freeze up...it was stuck on the climate screen...radio, nav and climate all did not work...

I read on here about pulling the fuse...unfortunately I could not locate it and took it to the dealer...they wanted to flash the apim, upgrade the MFT software and the standard stuff....3 hour wait for that...I asked them if anyone could just show me the fuse box and how to pull fuse 29 and I would get out of their way. They did that it restarted the MFT and off I went...

I am glad it was simple but I really don't think I could get under there and pull the fuse myself so let's pray it doesn't freeze up again...

Excellent forum and excellent car...If the upgrade in early 2013 fixes MFT then this will be the perfect vehicle...
Thanks for all the info...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome and this is a great site, and I don't even own an Explorer. On a side note, this is an Explorer-Ranger (but mostly Explorer) forum. My wife and I own a 2007 Ford Edge and a 2008 Ford Ranger.

Does anyone know if this works for a 2012 explorer? This seems much easier than having to pull a fuse each time...This file is used to update the sirius voice command but after the install it reboots the MFT. Several on the MFT website have said this works for a stuck screen...

In regards to the incorrect Sirius voice commands concern, we now have a user-installed file that you can download to a USB (flash or thumb) drive. To download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, please follow the steps below:

Download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, which can be found here: http://www.syncmyride.com/siriuschannelnamepatch/BT4T-14D546-GA.zip

When the download is complete, unzip the file to a flash drive. NOTE: Be sure to unzip the file directly onto the flash drive, not into an existing folder.

To properly run the installation on your vehicle, please follow the instructions on the ReadMe.txt which can be found on the zip file. This is a temporary solution for this concern; I will post an update once a more permanent solution is in place.

NOTE: This user-installed file can be used for 2011 Ford Edge and Explorer, Lincoln MKX, and 2012 Ford Focus vehicles exhibiting the Sirius voice command concern.

I think it should work. I don't think it will mess anything up if you try, so why not give it a whirl? :)

Does anyone know if this works for a 2012 explorer? This seems much easier than having to pull a fuse each time...This file is used to update the sirius voice command but after the install it reboots the MFT. Several on the MFT website have said this works for a stuck screen...

In regards to the incorrect Sirius voice commands concern, we now have a user-installed file that you can download to a USB (flash or thumb) drive. To download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, please follow the steps below:

Download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, which can be found here: http://www.syncmyride.com/siriuschannelnamepatch/BT4T-14D546-GA.zip

When the download is complete, unzip the file to a flash drive. NOTE: Be sure to unzip the file directly onto the flash drive, not into an existing folder.

To properly run the installation on your vehicle, please follow the instructions on the ReadMe.txt which can be found on the zip file. This is a temporary solution for this concern; I will post an update once a more permanent solution is in place.

NOTE: This user-installed file can be used for 2011 Ford Edge and Explorer, Lincoln MKX, and 2012 Ford Focus vehicles exhibiting the Sirius voice command concern.

Hey, jspeer!

Congrats on your new Explorer!!

Yes, this should work for your MFT. If you have any problems, post it here or private message me :)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Rebecca

ditto ditto ditto on this being a great forum
brianj

Back