Exploder gone to the scrap heap in the sky | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exploder gone to the scrap heap in the sky

Spook

Reaction score
City, State
Comox, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
We traded our Exploder off on a new CRV, the car deals are really great now. About 3 weeks prior to trade in, my wife got rear ended in the Exploder pushing the bumper in on the left side. I took it in for appraisal and the guy offered a cash settlement instead of repair. Since it didn't interfere with the tailgate and we were going to trade it off anyway I took the $425 and ran.

In our province (B.C.) the government has a program called scrap-it aimed at getting people out of high emmisions vehicles and into cleaner ones. The dealer contributes $250 and the government sends us $2000 based on the emmisions of the new Honda. So in all we got $2675.00 Cdn, about $2150 US, for a '93 which brought our drive home price for the CRV-EXL to just a hair over $25,500 US, saving $7,200 in the deal. What a sweet :D ride it is too, just as much power and almost as much room and waaaay better gas mileage. Needless to say we are pleased :thumbsup:.

http://

So as much fun as we had in the old 'sploder, we are looking forward to many trouble free years of Happy Motoring:party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its very.....errrr.....Japansese.

Nice vehicle -- welcome to the Honda club :)

(thread moved to All Other Makes and Models)

Its very.....errrr.....Japansese.

Actually made in the USA, admittedly with parts from Japan among others. I'll bet that just about any "domestic" has a few made in other places labels on them too, saw a made in Taiwan sticker on the tail light pigtail of a '97 Intrepid that was in the shop yesterday. They all outsource nowadays, even the ones made here in Canada.

Ya but all the profits are going to Japan

True, after they pay the factory workers, the rail employees, the local dealer...

My other car is a
http://
which was made in the good old :usa:, happy now? Not to mention that I've probably put more $ into the American economy in the last 5 years than all of you flag wavers combined put into the Canadian economy. Nes pas?

Back