• Register Today It's free!

Explorer frame dimensions

zjrog

Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Ut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 Ranger
I am wondering if someone has a pdf or similar file showing Explorer 4 door or 2 door dimensions. We stripped a 94 Explorer of its drivetrain and next will be the drivelines, for our 1990 Ranger project. I'm left with the 2.3l 4 banger and 5 speed and transfer case. I have a 1350M case to maybe use for a crawlbox. I have several front and rear Jeep axles, so naturally, I am thinking buggy. Curious if a file exists for these measurements to turn over to a friend of mine for building the tube chassis around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

9-03-2005, 07:01 AM #6
DeRocha
NEX Vice President
Brockton, MA

'93 XLT 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Send a message via Yahoo to DeRocha

I hope this helps...
distance between frame rails at the very front (where bumper attaches);
25 1/8" (right behind bumper as close as possible with removing bumper - I have a brush guard = PITA to remove)
distance between frame rails where radius arm brackets are attached to the frame
I took two measurements about an 1" in front and 2" behind the lower RA Bracket holes because the exhaust was in the way (both=24") distance between frame rails right under the transmission support bracket;
26" (where the Skyjacker support bar is now)
picture of the inner fender (to see where exhaust manifold is in relation to the frame).
Sorry my digital camera charger is MIA

not my info but from this post
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142018

Thanks, but was looking to see if maybe someone had the frame dimensions and a drawing from the factory service manual, they are usually provided as references so you can measure and repair crash damage. I have stripped 94 4 door about to be scrapped, and considering saving the frame for a buggy. Build it up with some tube and go...

Are you scrapping the one in your sig? seems too nice for scrap.

Yes. But its heart and brain live on in the Ranger. All the good of both trucks, plus less weight. True, less room though. Actually, there was more rust in the Ex than we expected too. I bought the Ex 3 years ago with 200,000 miles and a dead A4LD for $350. 30,000 miles on my first trans rebuild isn't bad. The Ranger has been an ongoing project that never seems finished, and its time it was... The Ranger is my son's first car...

Back