• Register Today It's free!

Explorer going in tomorrow

stevenailor

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
Taking the brand new Explorer in tomorrow for a little work. Wind noise developed in the rear passenger door. I didn't notice it on any test drives. It sounds like the window is a little bit open or the door is not shut tight. I am sure it is just some weatherstripping of some kind that needs to be adjusted. I hope the dealer doesn't give me the runaround.

I will let you know what it turns out to be on Monday.

I've been chasing a similar wind noise. Sounds like its coming from between the front and rear doors at the B-pillar, however, dealer says that per Ford, its normal..... its just "wind turbulence". Good luck with yours..... I'm not satisfied with their answer because when I tape the doors from the outside, the noise is significantly reduced.......and you can't tell me that a $2 roll of tape can increase the aerodynamics of the vehicle to eliminate the "wind turbulence"

Taking the brand new Explorer in tomorrow for a little work. Wind noise developed in the rear passenger door...I will let you know what it turns out to be on Monday.
Keep us in the loop, stevenailor. I’m confident they’ll take care of the noise.

I've been chasing a similar wind noise...
cnsheets,

I still have your Explorer’s details, so drop me a line via PM if you want a follow-up.

Cory

Took it on Saturday and they had to order some weatherstripping for the rear passenger door. The funny thing is, when I drove it home, the noise wasn't there any longer. They must have fixed it when they were fooling around with it. I will still let them put the new weatherstripping on though.

The bad part is they scratched the plastic trim piece that goes around the rear wheelwell. I think they were either leaning on it when working on it or dragged the car seat along it when they took that out so someone could sit back there while they drove it to listen for the noise. Luckily no scratches in the paint. My wife called the dealer right when I got home and told them. The customer service person at the dealer is supposed to call her today to discuss

Back