Explorer Mudflap / Splash Guard Suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Mudflap / Splash Guard Suggestions

dmitch86

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'19 Explorer Sport
We live on a gravel road, only about a 1/4 until black top. Wanting to get some mudflaps of some sort added quickly. Was just curious what the better options are? Was considering just having the dealership install the OEM Ford flaps, but also seen Weather Tech and Husky Liner both offer "custom fit" flaps. Any reason to choose either of these over the Ford flaps?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the Ford ones flaps or injection molded? Personally the flaps are dated. Injection molded loom better in my opinion.

Yeah, all 3 of the ones we've looked at were molded and not the old school "rubber flap".

Peter

Personally I used and would strongly recommend Weather Tech NO DRILL. Took about 30 minutes for all four corners. A touch pricey but if installed correctly they should stay on forever.

I'll second the Weather Tech, piece of cake to install and look great.

I personally prefer the OEM guards myself. I did the front and rear guards. The rear have the Ford emblem on them (just an added touch). I will say I put these on myself and they were very easy. You do have to drill a hole but it is outlined in the included instructions.

415BB932-B406-4C63-B30E-29140FFD81DA.jpeg
6F1BD705-E7B5-4C5A-9E16-D942D9218FF9.jpeg

We live on a gravel road, only about a 1/4 until black top. Wanting to get some mudflaps of some sort added quickly. Was just curious what the better options are? Was considering just having the dealership install the OEM Ford flaps, but also seen Weather Tech and Husky Liner both offer "custom fit" flaps. Any reason to choose either of these over the Ford flaps?
Get the OEM’s. Perfect fit, Perfect matchup...very durable...uses existing trim mold screws...Much better looking than husky or weather tech. Have 100,000 miles on mine and they look new! Exact color of trim molding too...should have come factory. Has a Subaru-esq look on my ‘16 sport!

Forgot to mention. The rears have the Ford logo ghost molded in...very slick look!

The Ford logo cost you another $40

The WeatherTech also fit like a glove.

I have the OEM ones on mine and they definitely help keep the mud and spray off the sides. Should work well with gravel.

Back