Explorer run in the Northwest..

Oknut

Reaction score
City, State
Sequim, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 xl
Hi everyone,

This is an invitation to the northwest. I'm trying to find out how many of you would be interested in an explorer run. I know it's far away from the most of you. We could find a weekend where we have atleast a friday or a monday off due to a holiday.

Place of the run would be in the Olympic Mountains. We would meet at the bottom and find a nice place to set camp. It get's cold up here in the winter time, so let's find a weekend closer to summer.

Things to look forward to : Great views, lots of forest, there might even be some snow.

Conditions : muddy in some spots, lots of trails, many hills climbs and lots more..

If there's enough of you interested, then I will make sure this run will happen.

Take care and all the best,
Oknut

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be very interested in going. I hope more do, too.

Oknut, how about trying a small run around your neck of the woods sometime this month?

maybe Dec 30th?

It could be just a day run, I mainly would just like to see your truck perform and try out some of the mud on the other side of the sound.

Mat

Hi matt,

sounds like a good idea. I almost have the whole truck done. Just have some of the little things to do. But your always welcome to come this way. I should be done by dec. 30th. but you never know.. Whenever it's completly done I will get back to ya.

Good to have you onboard mikefox, so far so good, let's find more people.

[Edited by Oknut on 12-05-2000 at 09:02 PM]

OKnut, where in WA do you reside. I know Mat R livs up North of me.

I was curious about potential runs in the northwest..Glad to hear that one might come together. I'd like to potentially join.

Well, I'm definitely in....

Oknut, keep me updated, if your truck is done by the 30th, I'd like to come over for some of that Penisula mudding since all I seem to be finding around here lately is water. Besides, I can show you how pretty your old lift looks on mine :)

Mat

a coast run is a ways to drive but I'm in if its after the first of the year....gotta get it outta the shop after the accident....

Marvin, I was just up your way in August camping at the KOA in Winthrop. I wish I had known a fellow member was up there. You could have shown me around some trails. If I ever go up there again (long drive, 5+ hours with 2 kids and a wife, enough said) I will have to look you up.

I bet it was a long drive....I'm single so it's just me and the dog and the stero.....I dont know any trails around here and am to chicken to go scouting alone....but if there is anything going on on your side of the mountains I'm game for a trip to the other side of the mountains.....I could use a little break from this side

Sounds good that there are some people with interest. Just wish more people would be interested. But if there's only 10 of us, that's fine also. Let's plan something for about february.

What do you guys think about camping out ?

I have a tent trailer. If there are services (water and electric hookups and bathrooms) that would work for me. If not, I might not be able to talk the wife into going. Is there any camping places near where you want to take us? Like KOA or something. I looked in my KOA guide and they have nothing except up in Port Angeles or down by the ocean. Let me know if you know of something.

I know there are many camp sites up here, like the voice of america by the spit, but nothing where we go bogging. I guess you could camp somewhere and then just met us in the hills.

There is suppose to be a big 4x4 thing going on here next sunday.

Take care

Oknut, I tried going to your home page and it just takes me to hotmail. Do you have any current pics of your rig? Your signature sounds like it is quite a rig.

Do you know how far away the camping places are from the area you want to take us? Just so I have an idea. Also, are they open this time of year for camping? Sory for all the questions, I just have to have all the answers she might ask ahead of time. If you are married or have a girl friend you will know what I mean.

[Edited by mikefox on 12-16-2000 at 09:35 PM]

Hi again,

I am building my explorer right now, so it's not all the way complete yet. But if you wanna see some pictures go to the thread under tires and wheels and then you will see where it says 44" boggers. There is also a link on there to a website with more pictures.

The Camp sites are very close only a few miles. There is one located my Sequim bay and that one is only a 5 minutes drive to the bottom of the hill where we are bogging.

And yes I have a girlfriend and know what you mean - 80)..

Take care

[Edited by Oknut on 12-16-2000 at 09:49 PM]

Oknut, I just looked at your thread in the Tires and Wheel section. I have just 2 words, Holy Sh#t. That thing is gonna look so awesome. I can't wait to see it if I get a chance.

I might even have to watch or even ride for the boggin stuff. I only have the torsion lift and longer shackles with 235s. I had to have my tranny rebuilt in Feb. and I got a lifetime warranty with it. One stipulation is that I have to keep stock size tires on it. Of course, when I go out wheelin' I could always get a set of used 31s or something to put on it.

Hi again,

When we go wheeling you can always jump into my rig when the mud gets to deep. There are places here that you can go, but then there are also some places where you shouldn't go with your truck because a lot of people up here have very big tires.

Now all we have to do is find a date and time to meet and then see how many people are actually gonna join the fun.

Take care,

I'm still in.

Mat

That's good to hear Mat. My project is going really slow at the moment. One of my friends is using the shop and I can't spend to much money till I close on the house that i'm trying to buy, the bank doesn't wanna see my dumping anymore money into the explorer.

But it's almost done, One of my friends wants it to be done before the next weekend, because there's a 4x4 event going up in the hill right where I live.

Take care mat and I will keep you posted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

road trip

Originally posted by Oknut
That's good to hear Mat. My project is going really slow at the moment. One of my friends is using the shop and I can't spend to much money till I close on the house that i'm trying to buy, the bank doesn't wanna see my dumping anymore money into the explorer.

But it's almost done, One of my friends wants it to be done before the next weekend, because there's a 4x4 event going up in the hill right where I live.

Take care mat and I will keep you posted.

Hello, i have a decent explorer and it will be mutch better
after the first, say 33/12.50 3" body with ez locker and 8,000 lb winch, and i would love to come along. How long is the drive from portland? let me know and i might have a friend with a '98 1/2 ton doge 4" lift 35/12.50 8,000lb warn if non-explorers are alowed?

Back