• Register Today It's free!

Explorer V8 engine misfire

bojans

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
My 06 was running very rough this morning, after about 1/2 mile the engine light came on and then began flashing. I drove back home and just before I pulled into drive way the light stopped flashing and the car was running fine. Per the owners manual the flashing engine light indicates an engine misfire. Anyone else have this issue before and if so what was the root of the problem? I will plug it into a scan tool tonight and pull the code.

let us know what the code is then that'll tell a lot. Ive had so many different things cause misfire..hopefully the code will help.

If not..pull the plugs...see what they look like. That was the source of the misfire on my ex.

code P0306 - misfire on #6. Erased code, has not re thrown it yet. Planning on replacing all of the plugs (60k, figure better to pull the disimilar metals apart now rather than wait since I had an issue). Hope the problem doesn't come back.

so yeah..i would change the plugs. Mine were shot at 50k..all red and purple on the ends..let me know what yours look like.

Back