• Register Today It's free!

Exploring Florida in New ST

Metromike

Reaction score
City, State
ORLANDO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hi Everybody. I am in Metromike from Orlando. I bought my new ST a few months ago when they first arrived in Central Florida. It's a very good car but it definitely has first-year issues with the computer system. The week after I bought it I was out for dinner one night and the car wouldn't start. I called AAA and they finally showed up the car turned over immediately. I took it in the next day in my dealership made me aware of the keyholder in the center console. I didn't have any problem until this week when the exact same thing happened again. The keyholder in the center console had no effect. That's when I learned that ST owners in other places are experiencing the same problem. There is a there is a YouTube video titled "2020 Ford Explorer ST starting problem"that will give you a first-hand look at what's going on. This time when I took it to the dealership after it finally decided to start they said they were aware of the problem. They've had it for two days and haven't solved it yet. I was disappointed that Ford or the dealership had not contacted me before they left me stranded twice!
The second issue that is driving me crazy is the backup break assist. When you turn it off it doesn't stay turned off even when it's in towing mode and you're trying to back your boat down a ramp. The abrupt stop is aggravating at the very least. It also doesn't like the bushes this alongside my driveway because sometimes it stops when I'm simply driving past them.
That's enough for the problems! Overall it's a beautiful car with plenty of power and more computer aids than I certainly need. This is my second forward with adaptive cruise control and I wouldn't own another car without it. I'm glad to be on the forum and look forward to visiting with my fellow members. I welcome your observations and thoughts!

Welcome to the forum Mike. Back in the late 80's my wife & I lived in central Florida in Deltona.

Back