F90BT Install. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F90BT Install.

juicemanfta

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 V8 Limited.
Guys my wonderful wife got me this new F90BT for my birthday. I am planning to install it and post my progress. I want the following install in my 2003Explorer Limited.

i.Install with factory sub woofer.
ii.Install with steering controls.
iii.Install with DVD bypass

I know about the 5V regulator and the Pac module, but have to do some more research. I did not buy the harness yet but planning on doing this tonight. If anyone has information that will help with the install please post it.
F90BT.jpg

box.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pac

I just buy this PAC from Clutchfield, i hopes it work.:)

PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface

You still need the wire harness like shown above. The pac module will only do the wheel controls.

You will also need a dash kit for a double din radio.

For the DVD bypass there is a couple of differnet ways of doing it. One way is a hardware mod. This mod involves moving pins around in the harness and grounding certain wires. The second is a software mod where you have to change some of the coding so that the dvd bypass doesnt kick in until a higher speed limit (out of the box its like 15mph). Ever since pioneer has put the built in gps it will automatically shut off at a certain speed.

Yes i got the harness i know about the steering wheel controls. I don't know about this Kit, can you please explain why i need it?

Back