Factory Recalls. What is the best way to go about getting these done? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Recalls. What is the best way to go about getting these done?

kdoggy

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4x4
I just picked up a mint 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 and I noticed that there are factory recalls for various things.

I spoke to the guy who I bought it from and he tells me he never had anything like that done while he owned it.

Looks like there are a few of them for the lift gates, the speed control etc.

What is the best way to go about getting these done? Just call the dealer? How much hassle are they going to give me?

I had a 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo that the dealer gave me a hassle on a safety recall because they claimed it had already been done once, but I could see the damn thing leaking transfer case fluid again. They just never fixed the issue right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it to Fox Ford.

CLICK

Oh hey there Joe! Nice to see a local here!

I just moved to GR last year and really don't know any of the dealers here yet. How would you rate Fox? I've heard of them but never dealt with them.

I want to get the PCM update too. Do you know how over priced they are for stuff like that?

Keller Ford on Alpine is pretty good. 7/10

Borgman Ford is getting better, they're a little above average. 7/10

Tony Betten was really good, getting worse. 4/10

Fox Ford is huge, they have always done well. 7/10 Owned by the DeVos family, btw...

Dealers are overpriced on everything.

Keller Ford on Alpine is pretty good. 7/10

Borgman Ford is getting better, they're a little above average. 7/10

Tony Betten was really good, getting worse. 4/10

Fox Ford is huge, they have always done well. 7/10 Owned by the DeVos family, btw...

Dealers are overpriced on everything.

Yeah well I only go to dealers for recalls but in the case of the PCM, the pass threw programmer is $1600 off the Snap On truck soooo yeah! :D

Thanks for the info btw.

Back