FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more

as yall know, im lifting my explorer again, well here are a few pics of it still on the lift front axle installed and soon the rear should be in within a few days

this explorer now has a D44, soon to get the 3/4ton hubs and spindles, 12 inch superlift springs, the front crossmember from chucks trucks measures out to 7 inch lift, so thats 19 inches total, the steering is the extreme crossover steering setup from SKY Mfg.

the rear will be getting a 14bolt rear that i purchased from a friend along with the front axle thats under there

the tires that are on there are the bald F'd up 39.5 swampers that came with the deal, but we calculated that 44s will easily clear with room to spare, based on the math that the bald 39.5 measures 36 from floor to top peak, and that a true 44 should measure out to 44, and that the radius of the 395 is 18 since it measures 36s, and the radius of a 44 would be 22, thats a 4 inch difference, and i have 9-10 inches of fender clearance, so i still have a 4-5 inch clearance at the closest point of contact

other pics are the headlight measurement, the top of the rear fender (48-49") and the front having the lift and the bald 39.5s and the rear ranger axle with the 35s on it, the rear is getting 6 inch chevy 56" lift springs and prolly a 4 inch block

once it gets back to me i gotta do the driveshafts, convert the brakelines from metric to chevy 3/16's put on the crossover knuckle and steering arms, and then do shock placement

tireandsuspension.jpg

oldrear.jpg

old395.jpg

headlight.jpg

fullview.jpg

comparison.jpg

bumperclearance.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

urs pm are full so I'll list it here.

The 351 HO is out of an 83 Ford Van. Running when removed. 90K miles approx. Had a C-6 behind it in the van. $300.00 and its yours. Plus shipping of course.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn you make it interesting, how much for ship? to orlando 32810

hey, i have family in evansville, you any near where

i'm a few hours from e-ville. To ship I have no idea really. Would have to check with a few freight companies.

Do you know where the Forward Air terminal is in Orlando. Its a regional hub. I can't imagine shipping being more than 300 but I'm not for sure.

update for yall, thursday the axle is coming out, and money is going straight to chuck for the rockwell axles, its on like donkey kong :) , got everything paid for except the custom ladder bars, the welding, and the transport rims, plus still gotta get the $2400 for the street setup brakes and 46" tires :D , yeahhhhhhh buddy

for techincal stuff, i think its the michelin XML 385/80/R20 rim, or possibly the 14.00R20 tire on a 20x10 rim

get the tires off of eBay. They are military surplus and you should be able to get them for under a grand shipped. Also let me know on that motor if you want it.

ive already got that covered man, its 1200 for the rims and tires and 1200 for the wilwood brake setup, and 300 out of that 1200 for rims and tires is freight shipping, im gettin a good deal thru a business buddy of mine, $75 per tire and $150 per rim, any design i want

WEll lots of people are mocking this, but I have to tell you I think it's the most amazing thing ive seen. If I saw it driving down the road Id be starin as hard as if it were a convertible full of supermodels. Sweet!

update update update!!

damn i just finish reading ur first forum
and and now u got a new one for me to read!!!!

i m a big supporter of this i love wut u r doing
keep it up!!!

Wondering where it's at now been a long time????

Back