• Register Today It's free!

Fiberglass Lessons!

scramblin

Reaction score
City, State
russellville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' Ford Explorer XLT
I really want to learn how to use/make custom fiberglass stuff. Does anyone know of some good webpages that describe how to learn this? I want to make some kickpanel pods and I have a few other ideas that I want to do for my Explorer. Anyone that knows how I would DEFINATLY appriciate if they could tell me what they know about it.
Thanks alot
Kendal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not terribly sure about audio fiberglassing, but I have used a lot of info from www.fiberglassics.com Its a page about repairing fiberglass boats, but has a TON of good information about fiberglassing in general, a lot of which im sure you could apply to your needs...good luck!

don't be intimidated

If you are patient, and willing to experience a learning curve, building things (ie speaker pods) out of fiberglass is not so difficult.
I found a book at the Borders bookstore in the auto that looked like it was from 1980. Showed step by step how to design and build fiberglass enclosures. www.ritop.com is an install school which has some good photos from an Explorer of what your self made fiberglass rear quarter-panel enclosure should look like step by step. Also, Home Deopt will have almost everythign you need if you don't mind using the fiberglass tape and painting on resin. Just remember though, there's a learning curve, and you will always get better with practice. If you want some specifics, I'll be putting up a step by step on my Explorer soon enough. But check your local bookstore first.
www.caraudioaustralia.com has some good articles for the DIYer.

Back