• Register Today It's free!

Finally gave up

jpp5862

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
After a month of "Awaiting Shipment" and still no new updates I finally gave up today and leased an FX35. Very disappointed with Ford and how they handled the backlog of shipping. As of today I still have an ETA of 3/26 and can't get in touch with anyone at Ford who can offer any better information. Seni has been very nice throughout the process, but the lack of information from Ford finally pushed me away. I wanted to give them another chance, but they blew it.

Congrats to those of you who are finally getting yours, I'm sure it's a great vehicle but I'll have to wait 39 months and try again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As of early Monday 4/11, I had an ETA of 3/6. I got the vehicle this afternoon.

Good Luck with the Nissan........

After a month of "Awaiting Shipment" and still no new updates I finally gave up today and leased an FX35. Very disappointed with Ford and how they handled the backlog of shipping. As of today I still have an ETA of 3/26 and can't get in touch with anyone at Ford who can offer any better information. Seni has been very nice throughout the process, but the lack of information from Ford finally pushed me away. I wanted to give them another chance, but they blew it.

Congrats to those of you who are finally getting yours, I'm sure it's a great vehicle but I'll have to wait 39 months and try again.

That's to bad. Enjoy your new car with no regrets! I'm sure its nice.

Enjoy your new vehicle! you have to do what you have to do!

I'm sure mine would have arrived eventually but I've been without a vehicle for 3 weeks and that coupled with the lack of information from Ford was enough to push me away. If Ford had made any effort at all to give some information I probably would have held out a little longer. As it is I'll just enjoy what I have, after all it's just a car.

after all it's just a car.

On the contrary, it's more than just a car to Ford, it's their business and employees livelihood and they have FAILED in respect to the many customers who have been waiting for what seems like an eternity with no real answers as to when they will receive their car.

Furthermore, the Explorer is not a Sunday driver but a family car, mode of transportation to and from work and a persons daily lifeline which makes holding out for it to "eventually" show up difficult to impossible.

I'm in the club that traded their car in already to guarantee my trade value and good thing I did because it was a very thirsty Dodge 4x4 Crew Cab and the value would have been significantly lower today.

I just cant imagine ordering in January or early February and still not having my Explorer with no real answers from a corporation like Ford.:thumbdwn:

On the contrary, it's more than just a car to Ford, it's their business and employees livelihood and they have FAILED in respect to the many customers who have been waiting for what seems like an eternity with no real answers as to when they will receive their car.

I have to admit that I don't really get what the problem is in getting these cars built and shipped to customers. Were they not ready to manufacture these at all? I mean, I live in a city of around 200,000, and I've seen exactly one 2011 Explorer in the wild. One. And this is the sort of town where every other car on the road is an SUV or crossover. Given what I read here and what I don't see on the road, I really have to wonder how many have actually been delivered to customers. And it's mid-April 2011.

They either weren't prepared to make many of these, or something has really gone wrong somewhere. This isn't some hand-made Aston Martin or something. It's a freakin' Ford SUV.

I am sorry to hear that. I bought a Kona Blue off a dealer lot today. Check my Northwest Dealer thread if curious.

Jack

Lots of them here on the lots in New Brunswick. For Canadians who are interested.

I think that it is really a dealer issue. Depending on how fast dealers churn vehicles, they are allotted more or less new vehicles, at least according to my dealer. I received by Explorer in eight weeks, even though they had originally told me 10-12 weeks.

Back