First Project with my new bender | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Project with my new bender

Are you running Coil Overs or Coils, in build thread was coils, but in pic above looks like coilovers?? You should post more pics under your build thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry man, I only had a little over three months stateside from my last deployment to this one so I didn't have a lot of time for pictures. I WAS running coils but swapped over to coilovers.

Cool, well I hope you make it back safe- and when you do, I would like to see pics, I have a very similiar build, Why did you decide coilovers? My guess since mine is prettymuch same is frame rails and coils with narrowed axle is a little to tight a squeeze! Thats issue I have with mine but im gonna build another axle only cut down around 5in instead of 6, to hopefully help with that problem.

That was one issue I had, with the narrowed axle the springs rubbed on the bottom part of my frame rail(well the bottom of the bucket). I could've spread out the radius arm mounts to alleviate some of the rub but then the radius arms would be closer to rubbing when I turn. I also did it for future upgradeability. I'm going to go full width 1 tons when I get back, probably a HP D60 in the front and a sterling 10.25 rear.

It is always fun seeing what you guys are building with our benders. Nice looking bumper!! Send me some pictures if you get a chance. I am making a customer section on our website.

Thanks for the plug.

Rob
ProBender.com
rob@probender.com

Back