• Register Today It's free!

First time Ford owner from Indy

02indyx

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hello everyone! I've been on these forums for a few weeks and decided to go ahead and register and get to know some of you. I'm 39 and reside in Indianapolis, Indiana with my wife and two daughters.

This past summer, I traded my 2000 Bonneville SSEi with a local guy who had a 1999 Chevy Tahoe. The Tahoe was nice, but I quickly realized it wasn't what I really wanted. Then on December 1st, I ran across an ad on craigslist from a small local dealer selling a 2002 XLT V8 for $5995. I spoke to him and told him about my Tahoe. He figured a trade in value of around $4500 without seeing it, so I sent him a few pictures. Within five minutes he called me back and said we could do an even trade. Later that day I went to test drive the X and immediately fell in love. From the looks to the power and handling - for me it was all there.

Anyway, the next day we made the deal and the X was mine.

Can't wait for spring now cause I want to do so many visual mods.

Here are some photos of both trucks if you want to see them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard. :salute:

Congrats on the new Ex!

Welcome to the forum! Very good trade... :thumbsup:

Good deal:thumbsup:. We used to have a 98 Bonne. Nice car except the motor blew at 55k due to a recalled fuel regulator and GM wouldn't replace the engine...thats a story for another day.
Tahoes are nice too, but the problem is they are so damn big, and gas hogs. The explorer is just right. How many miles are on it?

Welcome. Nice trade. I can't believe you got a dealer to do an even trade.
I've owned all Fords and driven a lot of Chevys. There's just something about Fords that keeps you coming back :)
Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks for the welcome and comments everybody. Yeah, I was pretty blown away that the dealer accepted my offer of an even trade. I did have the door ajar issue when I brought it home, but a few hours later and it was fixed (thanks to this forum). It was the driver's side door ajar switch. Pulled it, lubed it, and put it back in and haven't had any issues since.

The truck just turned over 125k miles this week.

welcome and nice x

Back