Flex Center Console in Explorer?

sas t4r

Reaction score
City, State
denver, colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer PIU
Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and I have some questions.

So I recently acquired a 13 Explorer PIU from a police auction, and I'm trying to piece it together. I searched and found that the seats from the Flex will fit the Explorer with some modifications, but will the driver area center console fit into the Explorer? I ask, because I found a 2011 flex that has the full interior.

Thanks for all of the helpful information on the searches so far!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I believe a member or two have retrofitted the Flex 2nd row console into the Explorer 2nd row, but I don't recall anyone installing a front Flex console.

Peter

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and I have some questions.

So I recently acquired a 13 Explorer PIU from a police auction, and I'm trying to piece it together. I searched and found that the seats from the Flex will fit the Explorer with some modifications, but will the driver area center console fit into the Explorer? I ask, because I found a 2011 flex that has the full interior.

Thanks for all of the helpful information on the searches so far!
Bit off topic, but how extensive are the modifications needed to fit the Flex seats in?

Seats are one thing as many oems use common seat frames on shared platforms. However, a simple Google or eBay search of pics of both consoles should be enough to tell you that they aren't easily interchangeable as they interface with the dash. Now, is it possible to swap the entire flex dash and front console into the explorer? Good luck on that quest, but as they say, with enough time and money, almost anything is possible...

Seats are one thing as many oems use common seat frames on shared platforms. However, a simple Google or eBay search of pics of both consoles should be enough to tell you that they aren't easily interchangeable as they interface with the dash. Now, is it possible to swap the entire flex dash and front console into the explorer? Good luck on that quest, but as they say, with enough time and money, almost anything is possible...
Ya after looking at pics side by side, I dont think they’ll fit :( oh well. Thanks for the help

I added the second row seats from a Freestyle, which should be similar to the Flex, as they are both the D3 platform, without much issue. I have the front seats from the Freestyle now to add. I know they bolt right in, but the wiring harness is not the same. There is good info in that
Flex seats fit in Explorer thread, but doesn't have any pictures of the wiring. If anyone tackles added Flex/Freestyle/etc seats to their PIU, please take pictures. :) I will do the same once I start and create a thread.

No need to create a new thread. Just add it to the existing one in your post.

Peter

Back