• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster Exhaust SYSTEM???

jeems

Reaction score
City, State
Nacogdoches, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Well my Summit magazine has a Flowmaster system for my X for $160. I went down to my muffler shop and he said that it would be $140 for the muffler and the tailpipe. I asked if that was the whole system and he said that's all I needed. Is there anything else included in the system other than just the muffler and tailpipe?

Also, I asked about putting dual exhaust on there and he said there wasn't enough room underneath. Someone on the board has it but I don't remember who. Can you tell me how you stuck that extra pipe under there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is room. I have duals on mine. Similar setup to Bill's except I have 2 single in/single out Flowmasters instead of 1 dual in/out.

stork, what model flowmaster do you have on your truck?

that flow system for 160 is beter than the muff shop's 140... here is why....higher quality pipe.... bolt on...cat back.probably drawn over mandrel bends...... muff shop cant offer that...

i highly suggest flowmaster,

i have the non delta 40 series.

its quite loud....

only muffler i got for 70 and it was 60 to install..

nice sound i think.....get the flowmaster...you won't reget it.

hope i was of help,
ryan

i'm having a hard time finding ANY non delta series mufflers.

check local shops,
i looked all over the net to find them
but i ended up checking local shops, and the first one i checked had 6 in stock.

and they were $67 or close to that..

good deal...sounds great too

Originally posted by conan
stork, what model flowmaster do you have on your truck?

I ordered 2 chamber 40 series Flowmaster mufflers from Summit. They were $59 ea. Try Dead Link Removed

flowmaster rule

i got flowmaster delta II and its sweet...i recoment cat-back just cause its more effective (imo) but flowmaster is thumps up for me

Is there a real benifit to having a tail pipe besides for show or to force the exhaust away from the truck? I currently have a stock muffler minus the tail pipe and i did notice a little power improvement when i took it off. Its got a hole in it now (6" dia.) and i am looking at a after market muffler. Is the 40 series a good one to consider? What about Borla? Also what are some good places to reaserch or buy mufflers?

Thanks in advance!:bounce:

Originally posted by cnapierala
Is there a real benifit to having a tail pipe? Is the 40 series a good one to consider? What about Borla? Also what are some good places to reaserch or buy mufflers?

1) The tailpipe is designed to direct the exhaust gases away from the vehicle. Running without it could let some exhaust get in the vehicle. Also, when you get an aftermarket muffler that will be louder than stock, its going to sound like crap without the tailpipe. Its up to you, but I would put the tailpipe on. 2)I have the 40's and they sound great. 3)Borla makes excellent quality products. That's why they are more expensive than some of the others. 4)See my above post to get a link to Summit, which has sevral different mufflers to choose from. 40 series are $59 ea.

I guess I'm gonna go with the flowmaster system from Summit. I'm just wondering how much my muffler shop is going to charge me to put it on.

Shouldn't be more than $50

if they charge you more than that....I wouldn't let them do it..... it takes all but 20 minutes and you're outta there....

I wouldn't pay more than that especially when i provide my own kit

Karol

btw I have the Flowmaster Force !! and it sounds gr8t

That's cool. See I could either pay $140 for them to put a Flowmaster muffler on and a tailpipe (probably not made by Flowmaster) or pay $160 plus the installation for complete Flowmaster system made specifically for my ride. You get what you pay for so I'm going with the quality.

The one in the SUmmit is a Force 2 system.

flowmaster

jeems, I am a little late chiming in, but i installed a 50 delta series 1 in 1 out from cat back and it sounds great! Not to loud but not to quiet. It cost me 120.00 at muffler shop. I supplied muffler. but if your looking for loud id go with 40 delta or non. btw they told me at flowmaster that duals gained no more performance than single. Depends on what look you want i guess. delta is supposed to be quiter on inside, but you can definately still hear it, but doesnt drown out radio!

thanks black crowe. that's a lot of info for your first post.

I tried to get my muffler shop to install duals out of the Flowmaster 50 but they said there wasn't enough room on my '98 XLT 5.0 with the full size spare tire. So, I ended up going with dual in and single out. It still sounds good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the flomaster force II. ordered it from summit also. it came with muffler (50 series delta), mandrel bent pipe (2+1/4 inch), and heat shield. pretty happy with it but it isnt that loud if that is what u are looking for.

Back