FM Switches to BlueTooth Upon Start-Up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FM Switches to BlueTooth Upon Start-Up

NJExplorerFan

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Limited
Anybody else have a problem with their My Ford Touch system where when you go into the truck to start it up, it defaults back to the BlueTooth setting vs. staying on FM radio where you left it when you turned the vehicle off last? Is there a fix or is this another dealer trip?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I've been having the exact same issue. It's difficult to reproduce as it seemingly happens randomly. I have yet to figure it out so I hope someone else has and can chime in with a fix.

You haven't mentioned which MFT version you are on. Are you both on version 3.8? This might help someone in determining what the issue may be. Some members have gone back to 3.7 to cure some of their issues.

Peter

I logged into SyncMyRide yesterday and it said I have the latest version of the software.

I logged into SyncMyRide yesterday and it said I have the latest version of the software.
I was told that once as well when I was on 3.6.2 and 3.8 was out. Check the software version that is shown by going into the MFT screen. If it is indeed 3.8, the following will show; CCPU S/W Version 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Peter

I was told that once as well when I was on 3.6.2 and 3.8 was out. Check the software version that is shown by going into the MFT screen. If it is indeed 3.8, the following will show; CCPU S/W Version 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Peter

Thanks Peter. I checked today and my software is indeed exactly the Version 3.08 you specified above. I'm not sure how to fix this? I removed and added my phone to see if that helps. While playing around in MFT system, I noticed the "Master Reset" button. Do you think that would help? And what does it do - does it go to the old software versions or will it keep my latest update? Would it mess up anything else?

Thanks Peter. I checked today and my software is indeed exactly the Version 3.08 you specified above. I'm not sure how to fix this? I removed and added my phone to see if that helps. While playing around in MFT system, I noticed the "Master Reset" button. Do you think that would help? And what does it do - does it go to the old software versions or will it keep my latest update? Would it mess up anything else?
re Master Reset, check out this link in the List of Useful Threads; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-disconnecting-negative-battery-cable.427676/

Peter

Anybody else have a problem with their My Ford Touch system where when you go into the truck to start it up, it defaults back to the BlueTooth setting vs. staying on FM radio where you left it when you turned the vehicle off last? Is there a fix or is this another dealer trip?
HOLY CRAP! I WANT my system to do this...exactly this! Instead, mine will go to AM radio after it fails miserably at reconnecting to my BT audio input from Android phone. I never use AM radio!

Yes, I've been having the exact same issue. It's difficult to reproduce as it seemingly happens randomly. I have yet to figure it out so I hope someone else has and can chime in with a fix.

Thought I would just copy your post since it says it all.
I just touch entertainment and re-select Sirius. It happens on it's own a few times then it's good for a time. I ignore it.

God knows what could go wrong trying to correct it.

Back