Fog Light Projectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light Projectors

ive owned a set of cylindrical fog light projectors for a while but im feeling like i want a little more light on the road and i was considering buying a set of regular projectors with a full lense... does anyone have the housings that they want to sell seeing as how i already have a switch ready? does anyone know where i can find a good cheap set?

i was thinking someething like this... i also kno they make some with a blue-tinted lens and that mite be nice too

8015d1105262594-making-projector-headlights-projectorfog1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went to PepBoys for mine... they don't cost too much $15 on up... and up!

I went to PepBoys for mine... they don't cost too much $15 on up... and up!

well yea thats where i bought my cylindrical ones... i dont like the way they cast the light tho... they shoot out a flat beam... round projectors disperse the light more evenly

Projector lights all have the same beam pattern in as far as they all have a "cut off" at the top of the beam. http://www.thepartssource.com/piaa_lamp_beam_pattern_applicati.htm
This place has some larger projectors. http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Auxiliary_Lamps.asp Up to 120MM. Fog lights all put out a "flat" beam. Driving lights are not a wide but shine further down the road.
There is a really big difference between $20 lights and $200 lights. You get what you pay for.

yea i figured that... im saying the way my projectors r made rite now as opposed to ones with a round projector... mine has a metal housing with a cylindrical acrylic piece infront of the light... it sends the light out in a straight flat line as opposed to a round projector that shoots the light in every direction (except up to prevent glare on other cars)

This is true...

There is a really big difference between $20 lights and $200 lights. You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

My roof rack fog lights are for show... the real fog lights(?) are on the bull bar. you might have to sacrifice and spend a little more... about $150+ if it's for safety, it's worth it...

bigapple,

what's a "touring edition" explorer xls?

was it done by ford or the dealer?

peter

Check out the Pilot 704 fog light & the Hella Micro DE fog light. These are both good projector fogs and priced at $100. to $130. Any others I have found & tried that are lower priced, like Hellas Optilux line, are more decorative than usefull.
The non-projector fog lights have more scatter in their light beam and while not as effective in heavy fog or snow, do illuminate more area. Am referring to lights like the Hella FF100, FF200 & FF300, PIAA 1500 ect.

bigapple,

what's a "touring edition" explorer xls?

was it done by ford or the dealer?

peter

yea ive never seen it before besides mine... i own an XLS, but the interior is nice with leather and the fake wood grain dash haha... idk where the hell they got "touring edition" from but it seems to be pretty scarce

Check out the Pilot 704 fog light & the Hella Micro DE fog light. These are both good projector fogs and priced at $100. to $130. Any others I have found & tried that are lower priced, like Hellas Optilux line, are more decorative than usefull.
The non-projector fog lights have more scatter in their light beam and while not as effective in heavy fog or snow, do illuminate more area. Am referring to lights like the Hella FF100, FF200 & FF300, PIAA 1500 ect.

hmmm thanks for the advice ill look at those... i know hella is a pretty reliable company so i dont think u could go wrong buying something from them

Back