Fog light replacement 2003 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light replacement 2003 Sport Trac

mustang6878

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Limited
I noticed today that one of the fog light bulbs has taken a dump. I always replace my bulbs in pairs.

I would be ok with an upgrade over the factory 9145 bulb. I had amber fog lights on my 1968 Mustang, but have no idea if that look is even available...

I am looking for a possible upgrade, NOT to blind people on the road..any recommendations?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put Silver Star bulbs in my '05 fog lights. Very pleased with the light output. I have Silver Star Ultras in my headlamps, btw.

The silver star bulbs are the best and brightest halogens. I really like my LED replacement bulbs, but they are 5000K color and won't match your headlights unless you upgrade those too. Personally, I don't like when stuff doesn't match like that.

With fog lights you shouldn't really have to worry too much about blinding people because they're low on the truck. I have silverstar ultras in mine, once they crap out I'm gonna use HID's in them.

+1 on 9145 Silverstars. Also, if the housings have seen better days then just replace them. I bought new ones on Amazon a few months ago for like $45 and it's a day and night difference in light output.

If you want amber lighting then best option IMO is 3000K hid's, also on Amazon (Kensun brand) for about $60. I just did hid's a couple months ago in the headlamps and will eventually do the fogs in 6000K to match.

Back