Fold down 2 & 3 row seats on Base Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fold down 2 & 3 row seats on Base Explorer

navi_jen

Reaction score
Hi....

I am planning to rent a Ford Explorer from Budget Rent a Car to get a bunch of large car parts (fenders, hood, bumper) from FL to MA. I assume it will a base model from 2011-2013, but I cannot confirm it until I pick it up (yuck).

Ideally, I would love to have the 2nd and 3rd row seats stowed so that I have a completely flat cargo area.

Can someone help me find out what years/models had the fold flat options? I would hate to have to remove the seats and have them take up valuable storage space.

Thanks.

I don’t think you’ll have a problem. Even the base model 2nd and 3rd row seats will “fold flat”. However, I don’t think the rental will be a base Explorer, it will probably be an XLT because they’re worth more upon trade-in. I, personally, have never seen a base Explorer rental car. BTW, consider putting down something to protect that load floor, (i.e. a moving blanket, etc). Also, watch out putting very heavy items on those seat backs. Some owners have reported cracking theirs !

Why not just rent a cargo van?????

Back