• Register Today It's free!

for people that like to go fast!!

jlxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
citrus heights, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 eddie bauer limited
if u have a first gen xploder if the speed needle goes all the way around and tutches the 2 in the shifter box, u are going aprox..99.5 mph and if it tutched D it aprox..105mph just to let u know i did it today and i have a hand held GPS that tells MPH....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ha ha, I can do 110 and it still tells me I'm doing 110 :p

Yup, Sometimes I get er goin that fast, but try to keep it a little slower because man it sucks the gas at those speeds.

85 is too slow for a speedo, I prefer the 160mph thats in my acura :D Although the computer has it limited to 147mph

I'm happy if my 94 even gets to 85 :D

I'm with spdy0001 . My Acura gets me my speed kicks.

Lets see, my 96 4.0 will hit about 100 in about 2 days, jk.

Seriously though, moving from sea level to 5500 feet elevation is depressing when it comes to power. :(

When I was driving my 94 back east I was able to get the needle pointing to the "2". So that's right around 100? sweet. :D

ya the first gens i dont think hade restrictors..hahhahaha ford was like 100mph thats it ####it...

Our '02 is limited to 110. But its still pulling hard up to that. And only doing about 3k rpms. Which I think is funny.

my stang one goes way up there ! lol...

car013.jpg

I'm happy the speedo only goes to 85. I haven't had a speeding ticket in YEARS now. And that's a good thing! :)

I have burried it down between the 2 and D on the Jersey turnpike a few times but its scary if you need to brake the back end pulls right if i brake hard at those speeds.

Hit 150 yesterday on the interstate playing with a cobra in my Lightning. Very fun. Much different from doing 130 in my 00 explorer.

BeauJ said:
Hit 150 yesterday on the interstate playing with a cobra in my Lightning. Very fun. Much different from doing 130 in my 00 explorer.

Hows the lighting's stability at those speeds? I would think that it wouldn't be good, but then again its a lighting :D

I know that the one time I got my acura up the speed limiter it wasn't much diffrent from doing 70mph. Altough the suspension is not stock anymore

spdy0001 said:
Hows the lighting's stability at those speeds? I would think that it wouldn't be good, but then again its a lighting :D

VERY smooth ride, no vibrations at all. A world of difference from a box trying to move all that wind. It's easy to catch yourself going faster than you think in this truck. It's very quiet in the cab so I don't think that helps much either :p

thewishkah said:
I have burried it down between the 2 and D on the Jersey turnpike a few times but its scary if you need to brake the back end pulls right if i brake hard at those speeds.

They do get a little tail happy braking from that fast....

Back