Ford Ranger clutch kit installation. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Ranger clutch kit installation.

tinnerted

Reaction score
City, State
Arnold MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger
Hello All
I'm thinking about replacing clutch kit in my 1994 ford ranger. I would welcome any suggestions: such as NO! scrap it...LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most good clutch kits have the alignment tool. Replacing the slave cylinder is a good idea while you are in there. Resurfacing the flywheel is not always needed but check it closely to see if it is needed.

A transmission jack is very helpful. It is difficult to remove the transmission with the exhaust Y-pipe in place and it is almost impossible to install it without removing the Y-pipe. So just plan ahead of time to remove the Y-pipe and buy any gasket(s) or broken bolts (studs) that may be needed.

The hardest part will be bleeding the clutch, do a search and see what your getting into. Leaving the y-pipe in place doesnt make the job too much more difficult if you have a helper and a few spare jacks.

Back