ford scan tool neded for door ajar problem in NJ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford scan tool neded for door ajar problem in NJ

LoKo498

Reaction score
City, State
J.C.,N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I'm located in jersey city, nj & was wondering if anyone around my area has a ford scan tool 2 check what is the problem wit my door ajar light & the beeping that happens. Also the car alarm goes off a lot with the door ajar light on & the truck is not even moving.
I tried the WD-40 method & its only avery temporary fix & need to fix it for good.
Thank you guys. Email me at LoKo498@Tmail.com if anyone can help me out.
Thank you!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What will a scan tool tell you? You have used the WD-40 trick, so you know which door is the problem...now it is just a matter of replacing the switch.

No I dont know what door is the problem, I just sprayed all 6 switches & it was only a temp fix.
I heard the scan tool would say what switch is it so I dont have to take apart all the doors.
My luck, it would be on the last door 6 hours later.

Yes, with the right scanner you can see which door is the problem. Most likely the drivers door though. This is the one that is opened and closed the most, so it stands to reason that the switch would fail first.

True, I agree with you Matt0248. I will take apart the driver door pannel as soon as it stops raining & poke around in there. Hopefully thats the problem.
Ill follow back with an update after I give that a shot.

Back