• Register Today It's free!

FordPass Horn/Lights?

Nate8727

Reaction score
City, State
Marquette Heights IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
I'm using the FordPass app for (2) 2018 Explorers (Wife and Mine). One is an XLT and the other Platinum.

In the FordPass App, the XLT has the Horn/Lights option below the Remote start and Lock/Unlock options.

The Platinum only shows the Remote Start and Lock/Unlock.

Any idea why one has it but the other doesn't? I tried searching google for all ford vehicles not just explorers, and couldn't find an answer.

The only possible thing I can think of is the XLT is a model built in Canada, but that's probably a stretch. That one also lists the estimated mileage left in the oil life monitor along with the percentage. The Platinum just lists the percentage.

I'm stumped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The horn & lock options were added in mine anyway about a year ago if I remenber correctly. I would delete platinum and re add it.

The horn & lock options were added in mine anyway about a year ago if I remenber correctly. I would delete platinum and re add it.
After updating both Explorers to Sync 3.4.22251, performing a master reset, and re-adding to the FordPass app, and deleting the App and reinstalling it's still showing the same as before.

I'm going to talk to Ford and see if they have any idea.

After updating both Explorers to Sync 3.4.22251, performing a master reset, and re-adding to the FordPass app, and deleting the App and reinstalling it's still showing the same as before.

Good Luck!

Nate, I believe that V3.4 is for the 6th gen. Explorer and not the 5th gen. Therefore, I would be surprised if Ford would be able or willing to help you since in reality, it is an unauthorized modification and has voided any warranty that may still be on the system.

Peter

Nate, I believe that V3.4 is for the 6th gen. Explorer and not the 5th gen. Therefore, I would be surprised if Ford would be able or willing to help you since in reality, it is an unauthorized modification and has voided any warranty that may still be on the system.

Peter
That wouldn't matter anyway, as neither vehicle is under warranty. I had the same issue with the sync 3.0 software before.

It's the FordPass app causing the issue mainly. From what I've read online with different Ford vehicles, it was from the app being out of date or it just suddenly appears randomly. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it.

Not sure what would cause that but 3.4 & Sync Connect has been running flawlessly on my 2016. Mine is retrofitted though and not stock. It also doesn't have horn/lights in Fordpass.

Not sure what would cause that but 3.4 & Sync Connect has been running flawlessly on my 2016. Mine is retrofitted though and not stock. It also doesn't have horn/lights in Fordpass.
Same here. My Explorer MY17 (retrofit) doesn’t have it. But my wife’s Fusion MY20 has the lights and horn option in FordPass.

2018 Limited with FordPass on a Samsung Note 20 has the Horn/Lights button.
Popped up a few FordPass updates ago.

I have had it on my Lincoln Pass all along but neither works along with remote start and I haven't taken any time to look into it as I really don't need them. Likely a deletion and re-add would fix it.

Peter

Maybe in your case, but I tried that already without success. I haven't reached out to Ford yet. I imagine they won't have an answer either as it appears to be random.

Back