FordPass Mobile App | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordPass Mobile App

Sorry title is - ford pass
Not able to correct now
------------------
I noticed ford pass app and watched few vedios on YouTube, which shows that vehicle can be added by adding VIN, once vehicle is added , that can be start/stop and lock/ unlock using app. Is there any check if car belongs to the person using app or if my car VIN can be used by anyone and for fun car can be controlled by app user?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry title is - ford pass
Not able to correct now
------------------
I noticed ford pass app and watched few vedios on YouTube, which shows that vehicle can be added by adding VIN, once vehicle is added , that can be start/stop and lock/ unlock using app. Is there any check if car belongs to the person using app or if my car VIN can be used by anyone and for fun car can be controlled by app user?
You have nothing to worry about as for whatever reason the required modem to use FordPass on our vehicles isn't there. The app is virtually useless on the Explorer.

But to answer your question you still have to 'sync' the phone to your vehicle so, no, there's no way for anyone else to just grab your VIN off your dash and use the app to get into your vehicle.

Cool that car phone sync step is still needed, which I missed to notice in vedios, my bad.
Just curious any specific reasons not to have 4g modem in Explorer?

Cool that car phone sync step is still needed, which I missed to notice in vedios, my bad.
Just curious any specific reasons not to have 4g modem in Explorer?

Unless it has changed recently it's only on the Escape and Focus right now and is supposed to be 'rolled out' to other vehicles in time. Honestly have no idea why those vehicles got it and other, more expensive vehicles didn't, but I think maybe @Sgt1411 had an explanation for that at one time.

There is another 'plug and play' unit that will be coming out later this spring/early summer that I think will allow us to use phone apps to remote start lock/unlock our Exs. If I can track down the link to that thread I'll share it with you.

I didn't have an explanation for why we got left out, for all I know its in there but not active. I just checked with my sources at the beginning of 2017 MY production and asked if Ford Connect was going to be an option for 17 Explorer and was told no.

If you notice on the 2018 F150 they now show the On* style antenna on the front of the roof close to the windshield. That confirms some cellular style connectivity. But who is to say our 17 MY shark fins can't do the same, I really don't know.

The release of Ford's mobile technology is very confusing, to say the least.

To announce future SYNC3 connectivity to gas station pumps and Alexa before sorting out MFT v3.10 or SYNC3 v2.2 across the models creates dealership complexity and owner frustration.

I didn't have an explanation for why we got left out, for all I know its in there but not active. I just checked with my sources at the beginning of 2017 MY production and asked if Ford Connect was going to be an option for 17 Explorer and was told no.

If you notice on the 2018 F150 they now show the On* style antenna on the front of the roof close to the windshield. That confirms some cellular style connectivity. But who is to say our 17 MY shark fins can't do the same, I really don't know.

The release of Ford's mobile technology is very confusing, to say the least.

To announce future SYNC3 connectivity to gas station pumps and Alexa before sorting out MFT v3.10 or SYNC3 v2.2 across the models creates dealership complexity and owner frustration.

It's like they're trying to make us go Honda. :mad:

"Our customers were really happy with their older vehicles, but wanted them to do more..." Try being happy with your high MSRP recent vehicle, and not having an upgrade path.

Come on, Michigan. Either that or invite me to Dearborn to fix your technology strategy for you. This isn't that that difficult.

I have a 2017 Explorer Platinum. Download FordPass to my iPhone. Registered. Cannot see anything that says vehicle controls to lock, unlock, etc. from my app. Would appreciate assistance.
Thanks

I have a 2017 Explorer Platinum. Download FordPass to my iPhone. Registered. Cannot see anything that says vehicle controls to lock, unlock, etc. from my app. Would appreciate assistance.
Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I have merged your thread with this one. Fordpass will be available on the 2018 Explorer. It isn't available on the 2017.

Peter

Thanks

That's because it doesn't do anything until the 2018 model year for the Explorer.

Other Ford vehicles have the vehicle connectivity but the Explorer doesn't get it until 2018.

Several others here have expressed similar frustration.

well i think this pretty much is the last nail in the coffin for those of us with the Ford Remote Access app who were hoping to get some kind of app update.

https://www.fordpass.com/

Would it kill Ford to make this app backwards compatible with Remote Access?
I know, I know this is a native ford app the other was outsourced... but still maybe ford could encourage that company to update Ford Remote Access...
I have a 2017 Sport with Sync 3 - and I can't get the ford pass app to worm!!

Back