• Register Today It's free!

FordPass Remote Start Not Working

Pkskull77

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Now that it's getting colder in the NE, I've been trying to start my car remotely using the Ford Pass app. It never works, I just get a generic message saying that my engine failed to start. Called the dealership and they didn't seem to be of much help.

What's weird is that I've been able to lock the doors remotely, so the app and the car can talk, it just won't start the car. Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stupid question, but did you enable remote start in the settings on the vehicle ?

Not stupid at all Bob. Very logical question.

Peter

Now that it's getting colder in the NE, I've been trying to start my car remotely using the Ford Pass app. It never works, I just get a generic message saying that my engine failed to start. Called the dealership and they didn't seem to be of much help.

What's weird is that I've been able to lock the doors remotely, so the app and the car can talk, it just won't start the car. Any thoughts?

I have the same issue when I use Ford Pass to remote start at the office. It seems to be a network issue so I disable wifi on my device and restart the app. Seems to work fine after that.

My Fordpass has been a bit quirky and inconsistent with things. Try to uninstall the app and re-install the latest version.

Specifically to your issue. I was having a similar problem. I had managed to create two ford accounts over the years. One w/ a simple user name and one with my full email. My vehicle Sync was registered to my old account and my app was using my new account. I did a master reset of Sync in settings. Re-registered with the same account as my app (i think the app requires an email as a user name so it can link through Alexa) Anyway, after i did that, it worked perfectly.

Side note: Mine was working fine for months then the "locate veh" stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and started working fine. Mat fix most issues.

Welcome to the Forum Randy.:wave:

Peter

Back