Ford's lack of informative updates on orders | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford's lack of informative updates on orders

jk60543

Reaction score
City, State
Oswego, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Kona Blue
While I realize that to ensure the highest quality in the manufacturing process it is necessary to sometimes delay delivery in order to correct an issue that is discovered during manufacturing, Ford needs to make a better attempt to keep the customer that has custom ordered a vehicle in the loop. Having to nag the dealer or email the “FordCustSrvc” in this forum is insufficient due to the limited info they have available to them.
I don’t need to know the specifics as to what has caused the vehicle I ordered to be returned to the plant but I think it’s important for Ford to handle the situation a lot better.
The people who special order vehicles from Ford are their best advertisers! Look at us; we join a special forum that lets us compare delivery experiences. It is on this forum we discover the delays in delivery. My vehicle for example was manufactured on May 10th. On May 18th it was at Ramp 79, awaiting shipment by Cassens Transport. I learned later that the ETA was 5/23. Then it was returned to the plant, apparently to correct an issue that was found. As of 5/27 it is once again awaiting shipment, still showing the ETA as 5/23! I live in a suburb of Chicago and would think the delivery will be made by semi. Am I now in the back of the shipment list? Information like this would be very helpful to us. We are not asking a lot, just a little more effort by Ford to keep us updated on the shipping process.

to nag the dealer.

I'm amazed at how much of a pass some of you give to your sales reps at the dealerships... Exactly what do they get paid to do? They are responsible for keeping you up to date. Anything short of that = they are NOT doing their job. My rep managed order status checks daily, and I received multiple updates per week via email and phone.

There is a reason why some of you are waiting months, in the dark. Your reps aren't doing their JOBS......

I'm amazed at how much of a pass some of you give to your sales reps at the dealerships... Exactly what do they get paid to do? They are responsible for keeping you up to date. Anything short of that = they are NOT doing their job. My rep managed order status checks daily, and I received multiple updates per week via email and phone.

There is a reason why some of you are waiting months, in the dark. Your reps aren't doing their JOBS......
Ah but this begs the question: do the reps have any input or influence into the process? In other words, can they speed up the process of repairing the defect, getting the product turned around and into the customer's hands? Cauz if all they do is pass on status information to the customer, then he/she can probably be replaced by an information system, which could maybe send you an email or a text message every few days on the product's status.

I disagree. The dealership manages the sales relationship. IT systems are great if the info is good. But, sometimes a human being needs to cut through the "systems" to get the underlying answers and know which buttons to push. Strings to pull, so to speak...

I skipped my local "mom and pop" dealership for this very reason. Lack of a motivated, professional sales team. I found a great sales rep at a high volume dealer who worked his a** off and got me my Ex in 5 weeks, while others are waiting, in the dark on VINs.

Back