Ford's MFT "Program" through Dec 2011 is for ONE UPDATE ONLY? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford's MFT "Program" through Dec 2011 is for ONE UPDATE ONLY?

Why isn't this getting more press? I can't understand how nobody in the "autoworld" is not making a big deal out of this? Rushed too soon to market....I agree (and I'm a Ford fan).

Where have Cory and Seni been??? Has Ford sensored them on this forum?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like any product there are going to be defective units. This is usually due to work performed at the factory. As it has been stated here before, people only come to this form to complain about unsatisfactory performance. Very few come on here with good things to say. I for one am completely satisfied with my Ex. Yes there are some minor issues, however, this is a new design vehicle. One of which I think, is performing extremely well. If your not satisfied with a certain aspect of the vehicle, then get in touch with FORD directly yourself. They WILL call you back. They are very interested on what is happening with this vehicle. Hence, CORI and SENI on this forum. I had a problem, I called FORD and they called me back. They called my dealer and straightened out the problems. Gasket around the windshield and SYNC problems. I won't be paying for upgrades to fix glitches in the system. It is under warranty. If it is not working properly then they have to fix it. It is the law and part of the warranty.

Cheers.

Why isn't this getting more press? I can't understand how nobody in the "autoworld" is not making a big deal out of this? Rushed too soon to market....I agree (and I'm a Ford fan).

Where have Cory and Seni been??? Has Ford sensored them on this forum?

It has, I think Motortrend made a review putting the Explorer last for the issues stated like A-Pillar rattle and stuff. Ford made some excuse saying it's a preproduction model. Maybe more media attention would make Ford fix this mess.

Like any product there are going to be defective units. This is usually due to work performed at the factory. As it has been stated here before, people only come to this form to complain about unsatisfactory performance. Very few come on here with good things to say. I for one am completely satisfied with my Ex. Yes there are some minor issues, however, this is a new design vehicle. One of which I think, is performing extremely well. If your not satisfied with a certain aspect of the vehicle, then get in touch with FORD directly yourself. They WILL call you back. They are very interested on what is happening with this vehicle. Hence, CORI and SENI on this forum. I had a problem, I called FORD and they called me back. They called my dealer and straightened out the problems. Gasket around the windshield and SYNC problems. I won't be paying for upgrades to fix glitches in the system. It is under warranty. If it is not working properly then they have to fix it. It is the law and part of the warranty.

Cheers.

Hey Chimoman, you hit the nail right square on the head. This is cutting edge for technology in a car, it was not rushed out so fast in my opinion , as much as Ford DID UNDERESTIMATE that we would be looking for this to be just like an I PHONE. I had this same conversation last night with my brother over dinner . He said that we should all be able to just get into a car like we alsways have and just drive , and not need to worry about screens etc, just hit a button and turn on the seats ,radio etc. I told him that Ford may have been the first to adopt this form ,and they are rolling it out to all new and mid cycle changes,as well GM has already anounced that they are starting in the 2012 MY to have there own system as well ,and they will start with a few models and roll out the same way. Bottom line is for 2011 it is leading edge ,for 2012 and forward it is now mainstream, you either adapt and understand that this is the way it will be going forward ,or get left behind and die like the dinosaurs.

Did Cory or Seni provide an official response on this "one update allowed" issue?

You want Ford's attention? Have an analyst ask a question or two about it on a quarterly conference call, or go to a shareholder meeting and grab the microphone. The senior leadership, despite their overtures to new social media, really don't care what kind of chatter is resonating on Facebook or Serious Explorations.

I think the employees who spend time on here really do care. However, I believe they are held back (nothing against them personally) by Mr. Corporation. A lot of the answers are very general being careful not to say anything negative or "internal" about Ford.

I've been on forums for companies I've worked for trying to help out but I also had to cover my butt because I didn't want to lose my job over something I said. I think protecting your job is different then "not caring".

And I realize you meant the head honchos, not cory/seni but just putting it out there.

Thank you all for your continued patience while I research how updates to the SYNC/MFT systems will be handled for new releases. We are constantly striving to improve the systems and take advantage of the software and hardware capabilities. With those advances, come questions on whether there will be a cost involved. I don’t know what the future holds as developments improve, but I will continue to provide you with the latest update. Thank you again for your understanding.

Cory

Older Seni Post

Thread: Sync ver 2.6? View Single Post
03-24-2011, 04:04 PM #19
FordCustSrvc
Official Ford Rep
Dearborn, MI

Vehicle Specs

Hey friends,

Just some FYI in case you were not already made aware of this Customer Satisfaction Program. In some 2011 model year Edge and Explorer vehicles with MyFord Touch and MKX vehicles with MyLincoln Touch, various features associated with the MyTouch system may function erratically due to software issues. These features include, but are not limited to, touch screen, entertainment system, SYNC and SYNC Travel Link, Rear-View Camera, Navigation System, and voice recognition system.

In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to improve overall system functionality by reprogramming the MyTouch system to the latest level free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.

This Customer Satisfaction Program will be in effect until January 31, 2012 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners. The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period. Please contact your purchasing dealer for further information and scheduling.

I hope this information is helpful to you. As always, please feel free to message me with any concerns or questions. Thank you.

Seni

P.S. @broadway Yet another lengthy answer LOL, still I hope you found this one informative!

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordCustService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Thanks Cory.
This post doesn't say anything about only allowing one upgrade.

I'm assuming upgrades are done at dealer and updates are/will be done on syncmyride.

...SENI OR CORY, please clarify your post here about Ford's offer to update MFT for free through January 2012 and confirm/deny what my dealer said.
I’ve been looking into this and I found that an answer is coming soon to a forum near you! Please stay tuned to these boards and I’ll post when I get the answer!

Cory

...That said, I also have a LOT of respect for Ford these days. Even more so after my experience with this forum. I trust they will take care of us.... And as a sign of good faith they can release the Police Interceptor suspension pieces for sale to us. ;-)
Taking care of you is one of my main goals here (I’m not sure about the Police Interceptor suspension pieces :)), which is why I’ve been looking into this so extensively. I wanted to get the right answer before posting anything.

Cory

This post doesn't say anything about only allowing one upgrade.

I'm assuming upgrades are done at dealer and updates are/will be done on syncmyride.
This is something that I’m certain will be directly addressed with the answer I’ll be getting soon. As soon as the details are sent to me is when I will post them here.

Cory

This is something that I’m certain will be directly addressed with the answer I’ll be getting soon. As soon as the details are sent to me is when I will post them here.

Cory

BUMP!

Cory, any updates?

JUst picked up my Ex from service dept. at dealer.
The service advisor told me my Ex will continue to get updates at no charge as long as it is in warranty.
Updates are fixes for problems.
Upgrades are when Ford adds new features. Have to pay for them.
Was having problems with radio and radio presets. Had 2.7
They updated. Here is the lastest list.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.8

Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AL
BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14D546-DA
BT4T-14D546-FA
BT4T-14F496-AN
BT4T-14F496-AP
BT4T-14F497-AL
BT4T-14F497-AM
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AL
BT4T-14F603-AM

Waiting to download 0 items.

JUst picked up my Ex from service dept. at dealer.
The service advisor told me my Ex will continue to get updates at no charge as long as it is in warranty.
Updates are fixes for problems.
Upgrades are when Ford adds new features. Have to pay for them.

I wonder who decides what constitutes an update (for a problem) and what is simply an upgrade? I mean, is there anyone who owns a vehicle with MFT (any version) that doesn't have problems of some sort?

The moment I'm asked to pay a single dime for an "update" that actually makes this car work as promised, is the day I hand them the keys and walk away.

This car is a PR tailspin. It was clearly brought to market before it was ready and we're all paying for it.

Triple lame.

"update", "upgrade"... whatever. I don't care.

Ford: Please make the car work like I was told it would when I put down my deposit and waited four months for delivery. If not, then I'd say there is some false advertising going on.

If we find out that this whole thing is a rouse to sell us "upgrades" for fantastic new features (right...) in order to make money on the software, then some smelly attorneys should have a heyday with you. I'll be the first to sign on to a class action suit.

My 2011 Ford Explorer does not work as advertised. Hell, it hardly works at all. This is the single buggiest example of electronics I've ever owned.

Am I an isolated case..? Nope. We're all experiencing the same issues. At least, the people that actually try to use MFT as intended.

This is an amazingly feature laden vehicle, if it worked as intended. The sad reality is that it does not.

Triple extra Lame.

"update", "upgrade"... whatever. I don't care.

Ford: Please make the car work like I was told it would when I put down my deposit and waited four months for delivery. If not, then I'd say there is some false advertising going on.

If we find out that this whole thing is a rouse to sell us "upgrades" for fantastic new features (right...) in order to make money on the software, then some smelly attorneys should have a heyday with you. I'll be the first to sign on to a class action suit.

My 2011 Ford Explorer does not work as advertised. Hell, it hardly works at all. This is the single buggiest example of electronics I've ever owned.

Am I an isolated case..? Nope. We're all experiencing the same issues. At least, the people that actually try to use MFT as intended.

This is an amazingly feature laden vehicle, if it worked as intended. The sad reality is that it does not.

Triple extra Lame.

WOW! Rant, Rave. Whats your blood pressure? WOW! " I don't care, hardly works at all, smelly attorneys, rouse to sell, class action. WOW!" You say we are all experiencing the same issues. I doubt that. I an not part of YOUR we.

P.S. Have I got a great publication for you. Conspiracies R US. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok. Fair enough. I just wish this thing worked like it's supposed to, what I paid for, and what I was told it would do.

The mechanical defects are one thing, and I'm hopeful that Ford figures them out. But, when the MFT shuts down, won't respond, blows the AC and locks up, Deletes entries, Won't recognize phones or ipods, performs "regular scheduled maintenance" while you're on the freeway, etc... come on. This is lame. No, I'm not the only one with these problems.

I suspect that most people don't live in a major urban area and rely on the GPS constantly, as I do with my vehicle for work. I now have an ipad suction cupped to the front windshield and I use it for navigation. With the MotionX GPS app I can input addresses in seconds, get accurate routing with live street level traffic info and it actually saves my previous destinations. All of the things I paid extra $$$ to have my new Explorer do from the factory as advertised.

Can you see why I hate this experience? MFT is lame and not ready for market.

Back