Found disconnected vacuum tube, where might it go? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found disconnected vacuum tube, where might it go?

mrbarnard

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
My 1992 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr 4wd Auto 4.0 V6 has begun suddenly running rough and the check engine light comes on. It happened after I replaced the O2 sensor, when I was reaching behind the engine to get the O2 sensor wiring, and ended up pulling up that AND a vacuum tube from alongside the transmission fluid tube.

Here are links to pictures. I cannot find where this vacuum tube should be plugged in. Does anyone recognize it and have suggestions about where it should be connected?

Tubing is connected here

View of engine and tubing

Vacuum junction has no available ports

The vacuum tubing, don't know where it had been connected.

View from the Drivers Side Fender

View from the Passenger Side Fender.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that line goes on your air filter box. There should be two vacuum lines, one to the box (in your hand), the other from the box to the pre-heater for the intake (on the passenger side frame rail, below the air box).

Them lines are broken off in my truck too. What are they good for?

That is the supply for the vacuum accumulator and it does go to the vacuum tree.

On the back side closest to the intake; hard to see.

If there is no nipple, then it has broken off. New tree needed

Mine is routed under the coil pack and around the back of the engine. but mine is a 94'

There may be another vacuum tap under the throttle body cover.

Yes goes on the vacuum tree on the right side of the intake if you're facing the engine. There may be one with a cover on it that you can use if the normal one is broken, but you want to plug that hole if it is broken.

Back