FPDM location??

toad

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Blue Point, Ontario, CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I cant find the FPDM, the factory manual only lists its as behind the right rear 1/4 pannel trim with a diagram that is obviously on an explorer by the rear lift gate, but no indication of the trac. Ive taken all the obvious panels off but no joy.

Thanks, Todd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fuel pump driver module

FPDM = ?? Fuel Pressure ...
I figured it out... Fuel Pump Driver Module
Fordparts.com has a good diagram and it looks like if you trace the wires from the assembly on the top of the gas tank it ends at the FPDM.
Also found this link for an 04 with a diagram, but may be revelent. http://www.justanswer.com/ford/0thrl-fuel-pump-driver-module-located.html

I figured I would repost since I added information to my previous message and I missed toad's follow up because I didn't refresh the page.

Thanks, still looking. Ive seen the gen.1 diagram, but no help yet. Im really hoping its not on top of the fuel tank.

fordparts not coming up right now

Got it, on top of frame above spare tire......handy eh!

Well that was friggin handy, about 5" of room to work with after you take the spare out and stick you head up in there, two little bolts holding it on only one came off, the other stripped the head(one 5/16 and on 8mm, or maybe just carroded like everything else up there) Nice area to work with a grinder, unfortunatly the truck didnt start on fire......Ok I,ll cam down now.

Anyway, its screwed, loook up f-150 fpdm dissimalr metal corrosion and you will see waht I mean and we have the same issue . So if you are having stalling, no fuel issues or she finally quits for good, this could be worth a look.

Cheers, Todd

Must use spell check more!

does any one know if a 1993 ford explorer sport v6 4.0 have a fuel pump driver module checked under car back of fuel tank also removed back right panel nothing there but did find a square metal box by back seat area but does not look lick the modules i see on , on the internet if any one knows it would be nice to knowt thanks matt

Back