Freshly Installed MyFord Touch - MFT Performance Upgrade | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Freshly Installed MyFord Touch - MFT Performance Upgrade

I hope they do figure it out. Until then, I won't own anything with MFT. Not worth the hassle. Heck- I talked the other half out of an Explorer and into an Escape so I didn't have to potentially deal with Explorer issues on a daily basis. Just my decision...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its been almost a week with the new system update so I want to check in and let you guys know how the new MFT has been working for me. Well, I got my first black screen today. MFT still wont retain the audio source selection between drives. Bluetooth seems to have issues making calls. during the first minute or so I am getting complaints from people on the other end of the phone, they state they hear wind noise like the windows are down on the highway. The last time windows were closed and hvac was off. This problem has gone away on its own on every call its happened on. Weird!! I have also had issues with incoming calls not displaying the proper caller id and at times wont give me the accept call button on the display forcing me to dig for my phone. So far this thing is still not worth what I paid for it.

I'm curious to see if these issues exist for others.

Ford lies

Its been almost a week with the new system update so I want to check in and let you guys know how the new MFT has been working for me. Well, I got my first black screen today. MFT still wont retain the audio source selection between drives. Bluetooth seems to have issues making calls. during the first minute or so I am getting complaints from people on the other end of the phone, they state they hear wind noise like the windows are down on the highway. The last time windows were closed and hvac was off. This problem has gone away on its own on every call its happened on. Weird!! I have also had issues with incoming calls not displaying the proper caller id and at times wont give me the accept call button on the display forcing me to dig for my phone. So far this thing is still not worth what I paid for it.

I'm curious to see if these issues exist for others.

I don't think they will.

I didn't go to the dealer, like you I have an older model that was supposed to go to the dealer to be updated. I didn't and I also have the unknown caller popping up. No wind noise. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DEALER SO THEY CAN HOOK YOU UP TO THEIR SITE. UNTIL YOU DO THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS. You took the USB stick home with you. Was this a stick they just downloaded from syncmyride or one of the generic ones. If so, you could have done that yourself. But you couldn't because you were missing software. A reflash is required. I have spoke with the IVT team and they confirmed there is additional software needed on the versions that were told to go to the dealers. So if I were you I would go to the dealer.

NEVER MIND. TURNS OUT ALL THEY WANT IS TO CHECK OUT THE FANS. # 1 IVT PEOPLE OUT AND OUT LIED TO ME.
#2. DEALER LIED TO ME
#3 MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING BUGS AND FREEZING AFTER HAVING THE UPDATE. BOTH FROM THE DEALER AND THE SELF INSTALL
#4 THIS VEHICLE IS A POS
I'M DONE. I AM BRINGING IT BACK TO THE DEALER AND TELLING THEM TO STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE. THEN I WILL TRADE IT IN. DON'T CARE ABOUT LOSING MONEY. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS LYING AND DECEIPT FROM FORD AND IT'S REPS

I feel your pain. 46k worth of junk. :usa:

I don't think they will.

I didn't go to the dealer, like you I have an older model that was supposed to go to the dealer to be updated. I didn't and I also have the unknown caller popping up. No wind noise. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DEALER SO THEY CAN HOOK YOU UP TO THEIR SITE. UNTIL YOU DO THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS. You took the USB stick home with you. Was this a stick they just downloaded from syncmyride or one of the generic ones. If so, you could have done that yourself. But you couldn't because you were missing software. A reflash is required. I have spoke with the IVT team and they confirmed there is additional software needed on the versions that were told to go to the dealers. So if I were you I would go to the dealer.

NEVER MIND. TURNS OUT ALL THEY WANT IS TO CHECK OUT THE FANS. # 1 IVT PEOPLE OUT AND OUT LIED TO ME.
#2. DEALER LIED TO ME
#3 MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING BUGS AND FREEZING AFTER HAVING THE UPDATE. BOTH FROM THE DEALER AND THE SELF INSTALL
#4 THIS VEHICLE IS A POS
I'M DONE. I AM BRINGING IT BACK TO THE DEALER AND TELLING THEM TO STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE. THEN I WILL TRADE IT IN. DON'T CARE ABOUT LOSING MONEY. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS LYING AND DECEIPT FROM FORD AND IT'S REPS

We had some weird problems with our MFT last week as well. I did the performance upgrade the week before, which went fine. The system ran for a week or so with no issues.

Last week we were going out and I hopped in the truck....normally all three screen light up when you open the door. The two in the console did, but the big eight didn't.

I put the key in the ignition and fired her up. The two console screens came up but the eight remained black. So turned the truck off and opened the door. The two console screens went out, but the big eight came on and stayed up (with the key OUT of the ignition).

I repeated the item several times to no avail - the big eight didn't come back on when the key was is in the ignition, but would come on when the key was out and the door was opened and closed.

The other anomaly is that the Sync did not work (when I pushed it, the system did nothing) and the backup cam didn't work either.

We did bring it to the dealer, but they were closing so we made an appointment for later on in the week. As a last resort, I did a "hard reset" (undid and removed the positive battery cable, waited a minute and then put the cable back on). When I tried it again, I thought the same problem was going to happen. But then the Sync logo came on the big eight and there was a message that said "System cleanup, please wait" or something to that effect.

When it was done doing whatever it did to clean up all systems came back to normal. We haven't had a repeat performance since then.

I guess it's what to expect from a system that is software-based.

Brian.

Back