Front Bumper/Fender (Minor Accident) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Bumper/Fender (Minor Accident)

I rear ended someone (he cut me off and stopped hard) and I bumped him. So he took off and decided not to bother with insurance since it looks pretty minor. The bumper itself looks like its fine (very small dent) but the whole thing is ****ed down.

Do I need a new bumper or are the mounts on it likely bent? Think I should try to bend it back up with a jack. I talked to Ford and they said likely $300-500, which I think is too much for such a minor bend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site, its possible there is frame damage and the mounts could be bent, but there are bolts you can loosen up and jsut try to see if you can get it back to the yway its supposed to look.....

You should be able to bend it back or adjust it.

You should be fine with your front bumper.. Take it off and straighten out the mounts. Most times as long as the angle isn't drastic, it can be fixed.

Blee1099 said:
You should be fine with your front bumper.. Take it off and straighten out the mounts. Most times as long as the angle isn't drastic, it can be fixed.

This is coming from the master of bashing his bumper off thing ;)

Cool...so all I have to do is take off the bumper and bend the mounts back with a pliers or something? I took a peek and the bumper and mounts are bent...the bumper is off at about a 15 deg angle.

I was worried about not being able to get it back on though, will that be a problem?

It should go on fine.

-Drew

IAmTodd said:
This is coming from the master of bashing his bumper off thing ;)

I know my rear bumper is shot.. Hell my front one flexes like anything..

Back