front climate control buttons not working | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front climate control buttons not working

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did this work, because I am having the same problem. The lcd display for climate control is not working and neither are the buttons on the dash below, including the volume button for the audio and the fan control. The car is also blowing hot air out of the defrost vent and the air bag light is on.
same issue here, even the airbag light on

same issue here, even the airbag light on
The member you quoted was last seen here on March 13, 2020. If the airbag light is on that could indicate the entire system isn't working.
Sometimes the airbag issue is due to the connector which I believe is under the driver's seat in the retail Explorer. Check ti see if it is secure.
BTW, this sub-forum is for the 2017+ Sync 3.

Peter

Hi guys, new to the forum and would really need your help and guidance before I am ripped by a dealership. I own 2016 xlt ford explorer. Until yesterday (when it was still cold) my climate control unit was all fine and good, working as expected. Today, when it got a bit too sunny and warm and I turned on the AC and changed temperature from high to low, the AC won’t work: the air is only coming through windshield vents but even when I change settings to face only it’s not, as I said until yesterday the face vents or all vents were working fine. And even the air from windshield vents won’t be cold, even at low! I tried to Google and found some troubleshooting to reset by long pressing off and defrost button, tried to check all fuse under the hood (haven’t reached to passenger fuse box yet) but all in vain. Please help! Also where can I find the vent door to see if it’s working when I change settings, I can certainly hear noise when the air flow changes directions but it just doesn’t come from front vents.
1. No air from Face or leg vents
2. No cold air

Hi guys, new to the forum and would really need your help and guidance before I am ripped by a dealership. I own 2016 xlt ford explorer. Until yesterday (when it was still cold) my climate control unit was all fine and good, working as expected. Today, when it got a bit too sunny and warm and I turned on the AC and changed temperature from high to low, the AC won’t work: the air is only coming through windshield vents but even when I change settings to face only it’s not, as I said until yesterday the face vents or all vents were working fine. And even the air from windshield vents won’t be cold, even at low! I tried to Google and found some troubleshooting to reset by long pressing off and defrost button, tried to check all fuse under the hood (haven’t reached to passenger fuse box yet) but all in vain. Please help! Also where can I find the vent door to see if it’s working when I change settings, I can certainly hear noise when the air flow changes directions but it just doesn’t come from front vents.
1. No air from Face or leg vents
2. No cold air
Welcome to the Forum :wave:
Does your XLT have an 'Auto' setting for climate? I leave that ON and the HVAC changes heating and cooling automatically.
Normally I would suggest that perhaps there are problems with the vent actuators but you said everything was working when on heat.
You could be low on refrigerant and or coolant.
Here is a diagram for pre-2016 Explorers. I don't know if it applies to 2016+ models.

Peter

Does your XLT have an 'Auto' setting for climate? I leave that ON and the HVAC changes heating and cooling automatically.
Normally I would suggest that perhaps there are problems with the vent actuators but you said everything was working when on heat.
Here is a diagram for pre-2016 Explorers. I don't know if it applies to 2016+ models.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter for your response. Yes it has auto option but that continues to only send out airflow from windshield itself. As I said, until yesterday the other vents were working when it was on heat, i changed the temp to cold and it neither throws cold air nor does it bring it to other vents than windshield. Even with heat it doesn’t change to face or floor vent anymore. Not only manually or even with auto. Really appreciate your response though. If nothing helps then I believe I will take to service centre for actuator replacement (if that’s the issue)

Back