Front diff. on 95 + Explorer?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front diff. on 95 + Explorer??

Well now, does some one have a Helms manual for a 97+ model?
Surely it would show something different.
Ryan, I had talked to Todd when we were in Moab and yea, they took it out and found out that it didn't work. For those of you that don't know, but TC has a 98.

So that's Ray with a '97, TC with a '98, and me with a '99, all of whom had their front diffies out at a shop and all who learned the hard way there is nothing available.

That still leaves the '95 and '96. Has anyone owning a '95 or '96 tried to have an LSD or locker installed; and if so, what happened? If a '95 or '96 really has a reverse Dana 35 up there I smell a swap coming up.... were there 4.10's back then?

Gerald + Ray

Just had a thought, don't the new IFS 150's have 8.8's in the front? It's stuck in my head that they do. If so, surely bracketry could be fabricated if there is enough physical room to fit them.

Just a thought. Might be worth looking into.

If you are wanting to do an axle swap, what do the 98+ Rnagers have since they have the same front ends? Do they have the same Dana 135 you guys have or is it something different? That might be a possibility. I don't think you would really want an axle setup from a 95 because of the vacuum shifter for the front might not be strong enough for any serious wheeling you guys do.

If I had the ($$$) you guys do I would be interested in getting lockers but it just isn't gonna happen on my income for quite awhile. Maybe a Power Trax (I think that is right) for the rear someday. Although, I have only been out one time so far in my rig and that was back in March with David99xlt. I really want to go again just don't know any good places in my area (Puyallup, WA) or people to go with.

Back