front end lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front end lift

aggiebryan

Reaction score
I need help in finding a way to lift front end! I have a 3" body. I know i can use add a leaf or shackles for back. I've tried coil boosters before, sucked. What else can i do with out a full blown sus. lift? Has anybody tried lifting blocks for the back. Saw them in pepboys yesterday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a company like tuff country or skyjacker they make replacement coils for the stock set up provide like one inch of lift.

The blocks that you saw in Pep Boys will drop the back end of your explorer due to spring being under you axle.

[Edited by trckmagik on 12-20-2000 at 10:14 AM]

i used 92 ford f150 2wd coil spacers in mine to lift the front one inch, after the alignment all is weel, they were like 13 a piece, so its a cheap lift coupled with warrior shackles in the rear. i have a 3 inch body too so it works quite well. check out my profile for pics if you want to see the finished product.

hey bigcheck, where did you get your coil spacers?
are they the round rubber deals that look like big hockey pucks. I've used metal deals you stick in between your coils. They didn't do a thing. Can you do that torsion bar twist with the earlier explorers?

P.S. You have a sweet looking truck.

you cant do the torsion twist cause yo dont have torsion bars on the early models. the coil spacers are steel spacers that fit under the coil springs and give yo about 1 and1/2 inches of lift. they were relatively easy to put in. my roomate and i did them in about 45 mins a side, most of the time was dissasembly. you can do it with a haynes manual and a 1 adn 1/8 inch deep socket to get the coil out. i actually had fun doing them and the shackles. of course i'm a wrenchead and taking stuff apart is a good time to me. i look for crap to fix anymore. if you have anymore questions i can answer them. gimme 2 weeks and i can have pics for you with my new digital camera.

i got them at a ford dealer. email me and i'll get you the part numbers. they're in my dorm here somewhere.
\
thanks for the compliment on my truck!

so with shackles you lift your back end like and inch right? what do oyu do to get it level with the front end. I have a 93. I dont really want a full blown lift just yet. i just want to put some bigger tire on it and have it sit slightly higher then stock explorers when i park next to them
thanks

big t,
read some of my posts. i found a coil spacer from a 92 f150 that is their standard equipment. i will level the front out to match the shackle lift. its more work putting thta in than the shackles but its worth it. any questions just email me

Back