Front Power Windows

dana300

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
** no hits on search for this particular problem ***

1. Both front windows lowered simultaneously from driver control panel.

2. After short period tried to raise windows from driver control panel. no response.
Back windows, door locks, remote mirrors working fine. Passenger front window switch inoperative as well.

3. Pulled door panel off and checked wiring connections to control panel and from body pillar. dusty looking but ok.

4. jumped from known hot to each switch. result motor hums but window does not raise.

anyone familiar with wiring schematic ?

Odds of both motors or gears going out at the same time seem remote so I'm guessing there's a relay or grounding problem affecting the driver switch control panel for the front windows ?

Thanks in advance.

anybody ? advice ? flames ?

there is a relay box under the dash on the driver's side if you look by your gas pedal...and look up into the center...you will see a black box...there are some relays such as the headlamp, dimmer relays and such...
i dont know if it has the window relays...but i think it has the one touch auto down relay....somewhere your lines are touching....try to unplug the harness at the door jam and plugging it back in? or perhaps your master switch...

Back