Front wheel bearing help is needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front wheel bearing help is needed.

BLUELEO

Reaction score
City, State
Charlevoix, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
Hello, Im really glad to find this site. So far it seems its actually what its intended for. No fuss no muss, no credit card. Thanks to all who've put this website together. Now my deliema.
I suspect my right front wheel bearing is going. I put the vehicle in the air, cv joints, axels, lube levels are all fine. I hear the noise on the drivers side, but that wheel is tight and no noises when I spin the wheel. The passenger side there is some movement and I hear the noise. I am assuming this is the bearing that needs replacing. Thats not whats got me. Last night my ABS light came on and wont go out and my 4x4 High light keeps going off and on from time to time. Even though I have the vehicle in auto 4wd, it appears the vehicle censors is telling the vehicle to go in to 4WD High. Is this a common thing when a Wheel Bearing Goes? Can the right sensor goof everything up knowing the bearing is bad and cause this problem. In my mind this should't be happening for just the wheel bearing going. Tonight I am goind to go home and unplug my battery to see if I can reset the sensors. Anyone have any info on this. All responses would be very much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site

I just did my passenger front bearing/hub today. I never got the abs or 4hi deal that you are getting. I just got the harshness and noise when i turned left. You may have another issue on top of the bearing thing

the abs sencor is in the wheel bearing hub assembly so changing the hub will most likely turn the abs light off

Back