• Register Today It's free!

fuel line fitting to filter

blazey

Reaction score
City, State
yakutat, alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 plain jane
cannot seperate fuel line from fitting. quick clip on each end, i got both of those off. now cannot seperate fuel line from old filter. been on there a while, anybody have a trick? i can hold fuel line and spin filter but that is about all. help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is just a safety clip

The filter is removed with a tool used for this and AC lines. Push the tool in while you push in the hose. Then pull the hose out. You can buy a plastic or metal tool. Cheap tool works like a cheap tool.

What Opera House said....

Just to add: The plastic fittings look like little collars that have a split in them. Most autoparts stores carry them, for under 10 bucks. Ask for a "fuel line-A/C line disconnect tool" The package may come with a bunch of them for different size lines.

If you get the plastic ones... don't use them when its cold out! :mad:

Atrick I used to get mine off:

1)Push the tool into place and hold it there.
2)Grab the line with one hand and the filter with the
other hand.
3)Spin the filter so it breaks free from the fitting.
4)Wiggle the line from off the filter

It is kind of a pain to do this job, but once you get one side off, the other becomes easier.

And if you didn't yet, release the pressure suing the schrader valve on the fuel rail otherwise you may end up taking a gasoline bath.....

Back