• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Problem

Andries horn

Reaction score
City, State
Pretoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford explorer v6 4.0
Hi, I have a 1992 Ford Explorer V6 4.0. It seems as though the left side of the engine is not getting fuel through. Although there is spark on the left three plugs, it is only running on the right three pistons at the moment and thus has no power at all. It is very difficult to get to the injector plugs, as they are located under the intake manifold. I cannot think that it would be all three injectors on the same side that are giving problems
I do not wish to remove any big components, as it is extremely difficult to get hold of spares in South Africa.

I suspect it must be a electrical/electronic problem,since the engine is running, albeit on only three cylinders. I know very little about eletrical, as i am more mechanical orientated.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get.

Andries

Diagnosis requires testing. Testing requires testing equipment.
something cheap and easy you could try is replacing the fuel filter.
Removing “big components” like the upper intake would only require some new gaskets.
to test the injectors I did a quick google search and came up with this-

I have a 1992 Ford Explorer V6 4.0. It seems as though the left side of the engine is not getting fuel
Hi. Could you elaborate on why , to you, it "seems as though"? Also, left side as perspective within the vehicle, or left side as examining the in front of the engine bay? Welcome.

Back